RESOLE MY BOOTS

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Rick M » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:20 am

I was just kidding about the "Giant" sized AVATAR. I actually like 300X200 pixel size but sometimes go all the way (300x300). Lots of people think I'm computer savy...been abusing them since 1981 but I gave up programming when I realized that people who do it for a living full time can usually do a better job (that's why they get paid). Plus, my days are already 24 hours long. And most of my old computers still work faster than I can type. :lol: And I have no experience with "tick twisters"...I do know the song Come on Baby, let's Twist the Tick.

Cynthia23 said
RickM, did you look into a glue that also doubled as a gu? Library type paste that could function as both firestarter, sole-sticker, and emergency carbs?
Glue for gu? I just don't know about that, anyone have any experience with that? I suppose if it tastes bad it will always be in my pack ready to give to some starving person needing rescue.
Rick M

Postby phydeux » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:51 pm

If you want outdoor shoes resoled, try the Rubber Room in Bishop. They used to do fantastic work on mountaineering boots and rock shoes and were known as THE place in North America to get your shoes resoled or fixed. They might only do rock shoes now.

http://www.rubberroomresoles.com/repair.htm
phydeux

Previous

Return to General Chat