Free W Vasque boots

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Wow, this is great! I used to think that I didn't run marathons because I was a wuss. Now I know that I'm "just waiting for the proper physical and psychological maturity" to arrive. I'm targeting August ... 2062.

Now if I could just put a good spin on why I don't clean my place as often as I should ...
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby AlanK » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Jim -- I am waiting to attain the proper physical and psychological maturity before attempting to clean up my place as often as I should.

Ellen -- I ran mostly the 880 and the mile. I think they invented meters after the French Revolution, but they didn't catch on over here until a bit later. My son runs the absurd distances of 1600 and 3200 meters during track season. Those were invented by American high school officials.
AlanK

Postby magikwalt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks for the offer Ellen but all the women in my family have Sasquatch size feet. :twisted:
magikwalt

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:28 pm

AlanK wrote:Jim -- I am waiting to attain the proper physical and psychological maturity before attempting to clean up my place as often as I should.

How cool is that? I'm not a sloppy bachelor; I'm astutely waiting for the proper time. Of course now that I'm getting married in April, perhaps the time has come. :shock: I can see it now: "but honey, what do you mean that sleeping bags don't count as interior decorations?" :lol: Oh, the times they is a'changin'.
Hikin_Jim

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:29 pm

magikwalt wrote:Thanks for the offer Ellen but all the women in my family have Sasquatch size feet. :twisted:

Do they ever walk around barefoot in the Pacific NW? This might explain a few things ... :)
Hikin_Jim

Postby magikwalt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Actually Jean's not a giajin like me. The oriental ladies always squeeze their feet very small until after they are married. Oh! So sorry! You weren't suppose to know until after the wedding.
magikwalt

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:20 am

lol! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hikin_Jim

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:23 pm

HJ, is your bride-to-be a hiker, or will this be a mixed marriage?
Rob

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:01 pm

Well, yes and no. She will go hiking, but, as she so eloquently put it, "I cannot go hiking like you go hiking."

In other words, she's cool with some easy to moderate day hikes, but she's generally not up for hard all day hikes or overnighters. She's let me know that running water (apparently creeks don't satisfy this requirement for some reason) and flush toilets are not optional.

We stayed up in Forest Falls this past weekend and had a blast doing day hikes to Johns Meadow on Saturday and Aspen Grove on Sunday.

Michiko's actually a trooper. We went to Capitol Reef Nat'l Park in Utah for Memorial Day, and she did quite a hike going cross country down a canyon with a lot of narrows, falls, and fords. She did great (although she was pretty beat afterwards).
Hikin_Jim

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:02 pm

magikwalt wrote:Actually Jean's not a giajin like me.

I've told Michiko that it's guyJim not gaijin in my case. :)
Hikin_Jim

Previous

Return to General Chat