2014 Banff Mountain Film Festival at the Mary Pickford

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

2014 Banff Mountain Film Festival at the Mary Pickford

Postby mjordon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello Desert Hikers!

I just landed the 2014 Banff Film Festival in Palm Springs after 2 years of trying. Now I need some corporate (or generous private) sponsors to make sure it happens! The date will be Sunday, March 2nd, 2014 and will be held at at the Mary Pickford Theater in Cathedral City.

I NEED your help to make this happen!

If you know of anyone who would like a tax write-off for their sponsorship - let me know. I will also start soliciting local businesses and hopefully we can raise what it takes to make the 2014 Banff Film Festival at the Mary Pickford Theater a total success. I have until September 20 to raise what it takes to pay for the Banff Film (and crew of 1). It looks like it's going to be around $2,500 which is a major reduction in price from what it could be. I had some success today thanks to the generous support help by Ted - the General Manager at the Mary Pickford. Nevertheless, ANY AMOUNT HELPS in funding the actual cost of hosting the festival. Keep in mind that ear-marked donations to RMRU (www.rmru.org) with "Banff Fest" noted on the check will go directly to this cause AND you or your company will benefit from this 501(c)(3) donation.

Remember that RMRU are the ones who help hikers just like you in your time of need - so please consider paying it forward by sponsoring our effort to bring some serious outdoor oriented entertainment to the valley and to raise funds for our team.

Your help is appreciated no matter how poor you think you are. If you want to see the 2014 Banff Mountain Film Festival come to the valley, then - let's get to it!

PM me if you can help!

:D :D :D :D

Thank you,

Matt Jordon
RMRU Team Member
2014 Banff Film Festival Coordinator

http://youtu.be/wEC4TKfBGhc
Last edited by mjordon on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAR Member
Difficulties are just things to overcome, after all.
-Earnest Shackleton
mjordon

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:10 am

Wow, pretty cool, Matt. Wish I were a deep pocketed corporation. :)

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

$2,000 Just "Donated" by Mary Pickford Theater

Postby mjordon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey all,

The management at the Mary Pickford Theater in Cathedral City just "donated" or lowered their venue cost by about $2,000 today. This is a victory for my and my efforts to bring the Banff Film Festival to the desert and I think it's another reason to believe that with a little faith and effort, we can all make this happen.

Thank you TIM at the Mary Pickford!

Matt :lol:
SAR Member
Difficulties are just things to overcome, after all.
-Earnest Shackleton
mjordon

Return to General Chat