Somebody is due today (Feb 13th)!

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby bluerail » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 am

As you get older you get to where you sleep like that again. :0)
bluerail

Postby AlanK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:21 pm

bluerail wrote:As you get older you get to where you sleep like that again. :0)

Two possible responses:

1. When? I am so looking forward ot that!

2. I guess I am still pretty young.
AlanK

Postby bluerail » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 am

Twelve miles out in the middle of nowhere, on a crisp day in the sun

:)
bluerail

Postby Sally » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Congratulations, Perry. She is just beautiful! My daughter #1 was just like that, wanting to be held all the time, so I can relate to the sleep deprivation and it was difficult to get anything done. But it's worth it! What a blessing! (Daughter #2 was a piece of cake, very content wherever she was.) Have fun!
Sally

Postby HH8 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:38 pm

zippetydude wrote:They're all good but I especially like that 5th one! That girl's a power napper!

z

Number 5 she pinned him by the heart, but I prefer the biceps flex in #4
HH8

Yipee!

Postby guest » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Wow Perry,
You & Crystal are really blessed, here's to many fond memories & lots of fun, outdoor (safe) activities.

Scott

Postby Perry » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

We have both enjoyed reading this thread. All of these comments have made us smile. I've just been too tired to post much.

We had our first outing with baby last Saturday, went out on a paved bike path with the stroller. She started to fuss after awhile, so we turned around and when we hit the bumps on the dirt path she stopped fussing, so I think she's born to hike or possibly mountain bike...

If there's a get-together before mid-June, probably all 3 of us will be able to go and meet everybody...
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Perry wrote:We have both enjoyed reading this thread. All of these comments have made us smile. I've just been too tired to post much.
Hey, Papa Perry, congrats bro! You wear it well. I loved having little Joyce sleep on me when she was tiny. She flew all the way to Japan that way.

Perry wrote:We had our first outing with baby last Saturday, went out on a paved bike path with the stroller. She started to fuss after awhile, so we turned around and when we hit the bumps on the dirt path she stopped fussing, so I think she's born to hike or possibly mountain bike...
Heck yes, it's genetic! :)

Perry wrote:If there's a get-together before mid-June, probably all 3 of us will be able to go and meet everybody...
Cool idea. :idea: but do you mean after mid June or does something happen in mid June?

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby Ellen » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Howdy Grandmaster Perry :)

I appreciate that you're sleep deprived, but I think I speak for board in asking for more baby pictures 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby cynthia23 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Congratulations Perry! What an adorable baby! My kids would not sleep in cribs or bassinets either. For a while I tried, but eventually I just gave up and they slept with me. It was easier and I got more sleep. I also got used to sleeping in odd narrow positions. Just put pillows on the floor so if the baby rolls out she has a soft landing. One time my son did that. We found him in the morning, sleeping quite peacefully underneath the bed :)
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat