Somebody is due today (Feb 13th)!

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby bluerail » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Congratulations to you and your family too Alan! Very cool.
bluerail

Postby lilbitmo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Congrats to Perry and his wife :D
lilbitmo

Postby AlanK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 pm

bluerail wrote:Congratulations to you and your family too Alan! Very cool.

Thank you. I anticipate that Zoey and Lily will be hiking Cactus to Clouds sooner than we might think.
AlanK

Postby Perry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for all the congrats. We enjoyed Alan's grandpa tip to avoid diaper changing and will keep that in mind in the future...

Sorry for such a slow reply. Our baby doesn't like bassinets or nappers, she wants to be with somebody constantly (especially Crystal). This really takes up our time, and there's so many things we have to do. It also has affected our sleep because we don't want to accidentally roll over, so our new sleeping positions have been uncomfortable. Even having a bassinet right next to the bed did not work. She wants to be on somebody's lap or chest. Fortunately we are getting a recliner soon...

Our baby Lily is really sweet and amazing. She was on my chest the other night and scooted her way towards my face while looking at me. We think we've seen glimpses of faint smiles. Supposedly, parents imagine that early on, but I still wonder. She did seem to turn her face toward my voice a couple times. She definitely lifted her head during the first day and broke out of a swaddle (hands) that was done professionally by a nurse. Our doctor called her Houdini and was surprised by the head movement too. Even if she couldn't do all these things, we would still love her the same.

The plan is get her outdoors at some point and discovering activities that she likes. There's definitely some inspiration for that here on this board. I hope she doesn't do some of the crazy stuff I've done in the past, so I'll teach a lot about safety.

She was 7 lb. 2 oz. and 20.5 in. born Feb 17 5:31pm. Crystal started contractions around 10pm Feb 16, and we basically stayed up the whole night and they made us walk around for an hour before she could be admitted to the hospital (they want to avoid admitting women with false labor).

Photos to come... I have to watch the baby for awhile and then run errands...
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby bluerail » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 am

You have a lot of wonderful fun ahead of you Perry, and then one day youre going to wonder how it all went by so fast. Enjoy.
bluerail

Postby Perry » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:15 am

Photos! Some of them may require tilting your head. I'm too tired to rotate them and upload again.

Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby AlanK » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am

Great pictures. Congratulations again, Dad! 8)
AlanK

Postby zippetydude » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm

They're all good but I especially like that 5th one! That girl's a power napper!

z
zippetydude

Postby neverwashasbeen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 am

Wow, a sleeper, you're especially blessed! We had one that one that wasn't :shock:
Happy Trails!
neverwashasbeen

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 am

She is beautiful Perry, congratulations 8)
Ellen

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat