Somebody is due today (Feb 13th)!

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Perry » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:14 pm

We do. I found out that you have to lock the front wheel if you go jogging. Otherwise it vibrates like crazy! It was entertaining for some people at the park to watch, and I think Lily liked it, but the vibrations are so crazy it would probably break the stroller.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby towbradley » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Speed wabbles...gnarly! Had that problem once while skateboarding downhill.....that made me the man i am today.....duh? J.K. :lol:
towbradley

Postby Hikin_Jim » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:23 am

Perry,

For hiking, when they're young, a front pack works well, at least it did for me. I could carry my regular backpack on my back and carry Joycie on my front. It splits the weight, and I get to use my regular backpack. A lot of child carrier backpacks have very little carrying capacity (other than the child).

Here's Joyce, asleep, in a front pack:

The one problem with a front pack is that you can't see your feet well once the child gets a little bigger, which is tough at stream crossings and such.

You're welcome to borrow our "Snuggly" which we're not currently using if you want to try one out.

I've also got two backpack child carriers which are good for when the child is a little bit bigger. You're welcome to one. Both are used and were given to me by other parents who had finished with them.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby Perry » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Maybe at the get-together we could try it out, assuming you can make it. Lily doesn't like the carrier we have, so there's a possibility that we may give up on the idea, but yours may feel better than the one we got. She's big for her age. 27.5 inches and 19 something pounds.

towbradley wrote:Speed wabbles...gnarly! Had that problem once while skateboarding downhill.....that made me the man i am today.....duh? J.K. :lol:

Do you have a good story to tell?
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby towbradley » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Besides love that a human can have for one another, children are the next greatest gift we can be given. My wife and i have raised two who are now in their mid and late twenties. Enjoythe moments of this young age, because the time flies by and before you know it your kids are married and having their own children. Time doesnt stop. I just wish i had discovered the beauty of California's mountainous beauty and not been so selfish with too much beach time. But like always, we learn to grow in knowledge and then pass this on to the next generation to love and share natures great gifts, both mountains and beaches, desserts and valley's(like the grandest canyon of all, which i travelled too with my wife last year) so once again, enjoy this time of youth, and thank you for sharing your treasure with us all :wink: p.s. love the pic of h.j and baby.
towbradley

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Perry wrote:Maybe at the get-together we could try it out, assuming you can make it. Lily doesn't like the carrier we have, so there's a possibility that we may give up on the idea, but yours may feel better than the one we got. She's big for her age. 27.5 inches and 19 something pounds.
I hope I can make it, Perry. We need to move. I'm commuting 2.5 hours each way each day, and it's really not good. We've got to find a place, pack up, and all that.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Previous

Return to General Chat