I once was lost, but now I am found!

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

I once was lost, but now I am found!

Postby armorscout » Wed May 23, 2012 12:55 pm

Just wanted to make a comment...
I lost my iPhone last weekend somewhere on MSJ, figured it was lost for good. But alas! Some friendly hiker found it, called my wife and made plans to return said phone.
I could have lost it in the middle of a crowded city street with hundreds of people passing by and I bet that I would never see it again...but lost on a secluded trail on a mountain top one person finds it and takes the time to find its owner and return it. Wow. I'm sure there's a good lesson to be learned here about humanity,...and hikers! THANK YOU!!! :D
armorscout

Postby Perry » Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 pm

Hikers are a good bunch! :D
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby halhiker » Wed May 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Nice. You didn't even have to use "Find my iPhone".
halhiker

Postby fern » Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Cool,glad your phone made it's way back to you....lost a new droid bionic last November around 7300 ft. But I don't think I'll ever get it back. So if anyone by chance finds a new droid bionic, lmk.
fern

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu May 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey, Fern,

Where'd you lose it?

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby fern » Thu May 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Jim, how's that adorable hiking partner of yours? ....it's under Snow in a Creek.
fern

Postby zippetydude » Thu May 24, 2012 5:09 pm

fern wrote:Hi Jim, how's that adorable hiking partner of yours? ....it's under Snow in a Creek.

Yeah, I remember you and Steve telling me about it - no wonder no one found it, it plummeted to the core of the earth.

Echoing the initial post, I had a GPS years ago that slipped out of my pack in the San G wilderness. Someone there found it and mailed it back to me at their own expense and wouldn't even let me reimburse them for the postage! A year later it slipped out of a different pack on a city street...and was never seen again, even though I realized it had fallen out after only about 10 minutes and it had my name, address and phone number on it...

Hikers are a good bunch.

z
zippetydude

Return to General Chat