Chalkboard Car: Newer Photos

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Chalkboard Car: Newer Photos

Postby Perry » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Last edited by Perry on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Andy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:27 am

Perry, this project is awesome. Honestly though, it's amazing that the usual "restroom artwork' hasn't made it on there yet, i.e. crude anatomy, racial epithets or the obligatory 420 reference! Society can be VERY entertaining. :D
Andy

Postby zippetydude » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Perry. That last one is excellent, maybe cover the whole car with variations on the theme and post a pic? Also, is that a family pic three pictures earlier?

z
zippetydude

Postby Florian » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm

I have the same solar battery charger that you do. I use it when camping sometimes. I hope to come across your car someday. What neighborhood would i be most likely to find it?

-Florian
Florian

Postby Perry » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks, Andy. Actually there's a little bit of that bathroom humor, though not as much as a bathroom stall because I park it in public places. Still, I carry around a spray water bottle and towel for good reason.

Zip, I like the idea of nothing but abstract art. You mentioned earlier the possibility that the stick family is us, and I've been wondering ever since.

Florian, that solar charger generates curiosity. One time a guy asked me about that but had no questions about the chalkboard aspect because he already figured that out. In all honesty, it would take probably a month to charge a dead battery, but it does well at maintaining a charge. I rarely make it out to PS in my car. The gas mileage is so-so. What kind of battery are you charging with your solar charger? It's meant for lead-acid, but I'm thinking Ni-Mh would work better for camping. Lighter and able to handle a nearly complete drain without damage.
Perry
Site Admin

Postby asabat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:59 am

In 2009 a couple of PCTers had a van they encouraged everyone to sign (and decorate). My autograph is on there.

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=460297

The front hood had "Mexico to Canada" written backwards so it could be read by a car in front through their rear view mirror (ambulance style).

It did cause problems when the NPS considered them a commercial vehicle and didn't understand the idea of hiker trash helping hiker trash for free, assuming it just had to be a commercial shuttle service.
asabat

Postby bluerail » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:50 am

Andy, I think the face on the hood with the 420 references was actually done by one of my kids..... they did the car up good that night...we actually had to clean the car up a bit when we came outta the hills so Perry could drive home in safety.

somewhere i have some photos from a couple of years ago of his car back then--- pre chalkboard--there was a sharpie in a holder, some really cool drawings were on it.
bluerail

Postby Perry » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 pm

i sold it to a recycling place today. the last drawing was a guy waving goodbye. funny and sad.
Perry
Site Admin

Return to General Chat