Benefits of solar hot water act.

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Benefits of solar hot water act.

Postby CadeJayson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:55 pm

[Spam deleted. If anybody sees these types of posts with links, please feel free to contact me. -Perry]
CadeJayson

Postby halhiker » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:46 pm

The Solar Hot Water act is probably just a boondoggle to get more into the hands of wealthy investors in the guise of being "green".

I fully support tax credits for solar for electricity and were I able to afford it would install ample solar panels on my home.

However, solar to heat water is incredibly inefficient and expensive especially considering that most people utilize inexpensive and abundant natural gas to heat their water. It would probably take decades to realize any cost savings from solar expressly to heat water.

I understand the need to move to green technology and to wean ourselves off our overuse of fossil fuels but this sounds like a scam that will only fleece the American taxpayer, just like those ridiculous ideas to "save" the Salton Sea.

If you've got anything to say about the San Jacinto Mountains I'd love to hear it but this scam spam probably won't hold too much interest around here.
halhiker

Postby Perry » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:41 pm

I'm not sure how much people are paying for solar water heaters, but it should be way cheaper than solar cells. Anybody can build one with just PVC pipe and some black spray paint. (Would only work during the daytime unless you add a microprocessor and a pump.)
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby zippetydude » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 pm

I've always wondered why people don't heat their pools that way (simple black pipe), just circulating the water while back and forth in the sun a little way while the normal filter is on. It may not be necessary in Palm Springs, but in Yucaipa a pool is worthless about 9 months of the year without some form of heating.

Perry, thanks for keeping the board spam free!

z
zippetydude

Postby Perry » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Or they could just paint the bottom of a pool black. Problem is, people may not like black pools. Too bad because it makes so much sense.

I hate spam!
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Sally » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 pm

I grew up in Glendale with an unheated swimming pool. It was darned cold most months of the year. Several years ago my mom had a solar heater for the pool installed on the roof of her garage. It was just pipes that the filtered water flowed through. It worked great!
Sally

Postby Flora27 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:31 am

[spam deleted]
Flora27

Postby lilbitmo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:26 am

Flora27 wrote:The guaranteed benefits derived from solar hot water systems are environmental. Replacing an electric water heater system with a solar water heater system will significantly reduce a household's green house gas emissions for heating water. If a home owner has the budget, lives in a climate suitable for solar, has the roof space and wants to reduce their households green house gas emissions then it is highly recommended changing to a Solar Water Heater System.

[link removed by admin]

Hey spammer take a hike off our board, no free rides here, we will contact your coporate office if it happens again - please be kind and go away.
lilbitmo

Postby Perry » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:05 pm

Other forum admins will search and find this:
IP 117.207.73.127
Spammer promoting Dingo Solar dot com dot au

If anybody quotes these spammers, I have to edit your quote to remove the link. They want links for Google purposes.
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Topic locked. This will reduce future spam here but still provide some useful info for other forum admins.
Perry
Site Admin

Return to General Chat