MtSanJacinto.Info

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Perry » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:11 pm

jfr, Rocky Mountain Trail gives 9% commission. That's interesting that multiple people cannot see the ad.

Florian, so far nobody has bought anything.

I really appreciate the offers to help out, but I don't want to make anybody feel like they should buy something. Instead, I would like to find out what people are looking for, then maybe people would want to make purchases naturally. What do you guys think about the prices? The ads?

If it really comes down to it, I have to pay for my annual web hosting in mid-August. Hopefully I'll have the funds by then. I won't lose the domain name. That's renewed every May.

If anybody in the desert has small jobs, I'm willing to do it... At this point I'll take anything. Skills include physical labor, web pages, photography, LED lighting, hanging art & installing shelves.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Ellen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Howdy Perry :)

All of my hiking friends are due to your site. I can't even begin to say how much this site and my San Jacinto family mean to me.

Like many others have offered, I am happy to contribute towards your web hosting fees.

Don't mind the ads at all 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Sally » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Perry,

Ditto what Ellen said. My whole hiking experience has taken on a new life since I joined the Board. I have learned so much from everyone.

I am seriously considering buying a backpack from RockyMountain Trail.com. (Has anyone used a Deuter ACT Lite pack? It's got pretty good reviews, but I think I'd like to try it on at REI or somewhere before I buy online.)
Sally

hey friend

Postby guest » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Perry,
Even though you & I have had some different opinions on "popularizing" Skyline and such, this board has done a huge service to so many in a ton of different ways.
One option would be to have an annual, voluntary membership of say $10 or $20, (maybe through Pay Pal or other).
If people buy something from Rocky Mt., that could go in lieu of the other.

I know you don't want to obligate anyone, but if WE, (not just you), put the word out, I'm sure there's a lot of folks on here who would help in some way.

So everyone, let's here some ideas, and we can get it rolling.
I'm traveling for the next couple months, busy with spotty cmptr access, but will do what I can.

scott
Last edited by guest on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: hey friend

Postby AlanK » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

guest wrote:One option would be to have an annual, voluntary membership of say $20, (maybe through Pay Pal or other).
If people buy something from Rocky Mt., that could go in lieu of the other.

I know you don't want to obligate anyone, but if WE, (not just you), put the word out, I'm sure there's a lot of folks on here who would help in some way.

Seems like a good idea.
AlanK

Postby Andy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Firefox with AdBlock here too. I'd been wondering where the pic was...
Andy

Previous

Return to General Chat