Beware of Cat Bites

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Beware of Cat Bites

Postby Ellen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Howdy All :)

No, I'm not talking about CalicoKat Jim :wink: Friday evening before the Hikin' Fools get together, one of my cats bit me deeply in the upper arm by my right elbow. Saturday morning it hurt like heck but seemed to get better as the day progressed.

Woke up Sunday morning and felt awful -- like I had the flu. The arm was also swollen, red, hot and extremely painful. Moving it was agony. Uh oh...all signs of infection.

Went to the doc today. As suspected, I have cellulitis. I'm now on oral antibiotics. I was running a temperature so was also given a shot.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Re: Beware of Cat Bites

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Ellen wrote:Howdy All :)

No, I'm not talking about CalicoKat Jim :wink: Friday evening before the Hikin' Fools get together, one of my cats bit me deeply in the upper arm by my right elbow. Saturday morning it hurt like heck but seemed to get better as the day progressed.

Woke up Sunday morning and felt awful -- like I had the flu. The arm was also swollen, red, hot and extremely painful. Moving it was agony. Uh oh...all signs of infection.

Went to the doc today. As suspected, I have cellulitis. I'm now on oral antibiotics. I was running a temperature so was also given a shot.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ouch! Silly kitty didn't know you were just trying to break up a cat fight. Feel better.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby Ellen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Howdy Jim :)

Thanks friend 8) I think hanging with the Hikin' Fools, cutie Joyce, and drinking certain beverages helped ameliorate the pain on Saturday :lol:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Last edited by Ellen on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellen

Postby Sally » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Yikes, Ellen! That sounds really bad. That was nuts of you to tough it out until today to see the doc. I hope you are on the mend. Missed you this weekend.

-Sally
Sally

Postby Ellen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Howdy Sister Sally :)

The antiobiotics are working, so we are good to go for our San G trip 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Return to General Chat