What's Fun In San Diego?

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

What's Fun In San Diego?

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm

So, resourceful board members that you all are, what's fun in San Diego? :)

We're celebrating our wedding anniversary by heading down to San Diego this weekend. We'll probably hit Sea World one day, but are looking for something else to do the other day. Outdoors would be nice, but not necessarily that. We do have an 18 mo old, so not too hard core. :) We went on a 4 miler a couple of weekends ago, and that was nice.

We'll be staying Saturday night in the Kearny Mesa area just south of the air station.

HJ

Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby lkelly » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Balboa Park is a nice place to walk around. Lots of stuff to see, the zoo of course, museums and people watch. and they have puppet shows on the weekend for kids. mine always liked them.
http://www.balboapark.org/

Close in town hiking that is not too hard core is Mission Trails Regional park, they have a nice VC and quite a few trails.
http://www.mtrp.org/visitor_center.asp

and you should walk around La Jolla and see our seals. There is a nice coast walk there and several good lunch places. I really like the Brockton Villa right on the cove.
Old town is nice too
It is a great place to spend time. I live in Ocean Beach and it's kinda cool to walk along the pier.
You will find lots to do here. :)
lkelly

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Puppet show, eh? Now that might be pretty fun. Maybe we'll check that out.

We'll be staying pretty close to the Mission Trails park, so maybe we'll check that out.

Thanks for all the ideas!

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Places to see in San Diego

Postby Jim1968 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Ditto on Mission Trails (especially Cowles Mt) and La Jolla. Black Mt is nice on a clear day also. You can easily spend an entire day in and around Balboa Park, which has a merry go round and a mini train that your daughter would really enjoy. Have a great time!
1968 is the year I first climbed San Jacinto....having done San Gorgonio in 1967.
Jim1968

Return to General Chat