what ever happened to...........

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby NormaR » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 pm

TacoDelRio wrote:I'm gonna smoke a sh*tload of weed tonight before taking a buncha caffeine pills and eating some Gu packets. Then, I'm going to do a non-technical hike and complain about ethics. Goodbye.

you made me LOL, but somehow i think you're serious... 'cept for the ethics part. :twisted:
NormaR

Postby tinaballina » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 am

lol
tinaballina

Postby Perry » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:39 pm

I really enjoyed some of his posts, and he did make the board interesting.

I had to ban him because members were going to quit, and it was too much hassle to constantly monitor his posts. The first ban was a 1-month temporary ban, and I told him to go hiking more and that he would thank me later. The second time, I had to ban him for good because he was still ruining the forum.

Every once in awhile I wonder what it would be like to invite him back, but I'm just afraid that people would get angry and quit the message board.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Inviting FO to a forum is like inviting mosquitoes to a hike. Oh, yeah, it's not boring, but I wouldn't exactly call it enjoyable.

Pardon me while I go roll in some poison oak right now. I do that every time I start thinking FO should come back on the forum, and it snaps me right back to reality.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Postby TacoDelRio » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:21 am

NormaR wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote:I'm gonna smoke a sh*tload of weed tonight before taking a buncha caffeine pills and eating some Gu packets. Then, I'm going to do a non-technical hike and complain about ethics. Goodbye.

you made me LOL, but somehow i think you're serious... 'cept for the ethics part. :twisted:

Close!

No offense intended to you, nohobo.
TacoDelRio

Postby KathyW » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:17 am

Perry wrote:I really enjoyed some of his posts, and he did make the board interesting.

I had to ban him because members were going to quit, and it was too much hassle to constantly monitor his posts. The first ban was a 1-month temporary ban, and I told him to go hiking more and that he would thank me later. The second time, I had to ban him for good because he was still ruining the forum.

Every once in awhile I wonder what it would be like to invite him back, but I'm just afraid that people would get angry and quit the message board.

Sometimes we take these internet forums too seriously. I certainly let FIGHTON get to me when he post posting on this forum, but I realize now how foolish that was. At this point, I don't see why FIGHTON shouldn't be allowed to post on the forum. Those of us who don't want to deal with him can just ignore his posts.
KathyW

Postby nobohobo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 am

this thread is ennertainin'. thanks for the replies.
happy thanksgiving to everyone.
all the best.
nobohobo

Location: planet earth - photo was taken in dali city, yunnan province china 1987

Postby AlanK » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 am

Perry wrote:I really enjoyed some of his posts, and he did make the board interesting.

He could be entertaining, but I mostly remember the endless, repetitive rants that polluted entire threads. One could not discuss eating, drinking, GPS, or even some favorite routes without his opinion, expressed and re-expressed in every other post. Right now, on the SGW Board, he has an entire thread that is just himself, and maybe one imitator. I would not threaten to quit over the guy, but I would certainly refrain from posting on certain subjects. (Admittedly, in some people's opinions, that might be a good reason to bring him back! :) )
AlanK

Postby TacoDelRio » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:41 pm

Nah, he belongs off the interwebz. :lol:
TacoDelRio

Previous

Return to General Chat