Newbie to the Forums

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Newbie to the Forums

Postby MountainKitty » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi, everyone! My name is Rosa and I'm a newbie to the forums. I recently moved to Riverside County (all the way from Upstate New York) and thought that it would be neat to look for fellow camping fanatics like myself. In short, I'm REALLY glad to have found this forum. I've never been to Mt. San Jacinto before and it definitely seems like a place I want to visit at some point very soon. I'm very much interested in camping, hiking and bird watching.

Anyway, I'm super stoked to be here. I hope to talk to everyone soon! Pleased to make your acquaintance. ;)
Every moment is an experience.
Jake Roberts
My utility trailer is the best camping tool there is!
MountainKitty

Re: Newbie to the Forums

Postby lilbitmo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:28 pm

MountainKitty wrote:Hi, everyone! My name is Rosa and I'm a newbie to the forums. I recently moved to Riverside County (all the way from Upstate New York) and thought that it would be neat to look for fellow camping fanatics like myself. In short, I'm REALLY glad to have found this forum. I've never been to Mt. San Jacinto before and it definitely seems like a place I want to visit at some point very soon. I'm very much interested in camping, hiking and bird watching.

Anyway, I'm super stoked to be here. I hope to talk to everyone soon! Pleased to make your acquaintance. ;)

Welcome to the board MountainKitty/Rosa, there's an abundant amount of places in Southern Cal to hike/climb/camp/canyoneering/bicycling etc... this is a great boad to find out data on local trials/conditions and the people on this board are super nice - there's two other boards that folks talk on for the various mountain ranges - The San Gabriels has it's own at San Gabriels and the San Bernardino's has there board at Which they call the San Gorgonio Wilderness Association Bullitin Board is here
Have fun whichever range you go to, the difference between New York and So. Cal is we put on Snow Shoes and Crampons to go play in the snow, in New York you have to have a shovel just to get out the front door in the snow :wink: :shock: :D upstate that is - the Lake Effect (Great Lakes) always buries that area of the country, I grew up around the lakes.

Once again welcome.
Lilbitmo/Patrick :D
lilbitmo

Postby KathyW » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Welcome Kitty! What part of New York are you from? I spent my first 25 years in upstate New York too - mostly between Albany and the rural area between Albany and the New York/Massachusetts' border. I've been in Southern California for 25 years now; so I'm only a 50% New Yorker now.
KathyW

Postby AlanK » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm

All these New Yorkers in the San Jacintos. Who knew? I am a native of CA, but spent 20+ adult years in upstate NY -- 6 in Ithaca and the rest in Putnam County. (For those who don't consider Putnam County to be upstate, most of my neighbors were originally from NYC. People from places like Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn consider The Bronx to be upstate.)
AlanK

Postby zippetydude » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi MountainKitty. So, you're a birdwatcher!? We had a controversy some time ago on identifying a brilliant lavender bird. It took two threads to figure it out.
Here's the concluding thread:

http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic. ... light=bird

Anyway, this is a great forum and the friendliest group around. Hope to see you out here on the trail soon!

z
zippetydude

Postby Andy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:33 am

Greetings MountainKitty!
Andy

Postby tinaballina » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:21 am

Welcome to the board!
tinaballina

Return to General Chat