Please Welcome "Hikin' Joyce" :)

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Hikin_Jim » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Please join me in welcoming to the world and the hiking community my daughter Joyce who was born on Friday September 25th at 7:31 in the morning. At birth, she weighed 8 lbs, 5 oz (3.775 kg) and was 20" (51 cm) long.

She is busily training for her first C2C using a very special "drink mix" :) prepared by her mommy.

Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Please welcome Hikin Joyce

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:23 pm

Welcome Hikin Joyce - At first she will be Sleeping Joyce, then Cryin Joyce, and later graduate to Crawlin Joyce. :) Congratulations are in order.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby neverwashasbeen » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 pm

Welcome "Hikin' Joyce" and welcome to your new life Jim. A big CONGRATS! Especially to mom.
neverwashasbeen

Postby magikwalt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 am

What a beautiful baby.

Jean and I will start the bidding at $25,000 with Mom and Dad taking the child back when she turns 14 years of age.

Congratulations to the proud parents.
magikwalt

Postby tinaballina » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:21 am

Welcome Joyce.....how adorable is she...congrats to the new family. Shall i polish the pink boots for her now or wait a little bit?
:)
tinaballina

Postby Hikin_Jim » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:54 pm

magikwalt wrote:Jean and I will start the bidding at $25,000 with Mom and Dad taking the child back when she turns 14 years of age.
:lol: :lol:

tinaballina wrote:Welcome Joyce.....how adorable is she...congrats to the new family. Shall i polish the pink boots for her now or wait a little bit?
:)
She may be needing those sooner than I think. :shock: I'm already polishing my shotgun for when the boys come calling. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that little Joycie will be a good hiker. Don't ask me how I know that, but there's just something about her. :wink:
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
Hikin_Jim

Trail Name

Postby lilbitmo » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:26 pm

I can see it now, her Avatar and trail name will be "Mini Moose" or "Mini Moose Tracks"?
:D
lilbitmo

Postby MikeJ » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Congratulations Jim!

You know, there's a lot to know about babies that you just don't learn from books. For example, until they learn to crawl you can use them to prop open doors!

I'll bet that some of the other experienced dads on the board can offer similar tips. How about it guys. Let's help out Jim with your ideas!
MikeJ

Postby phydeux » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:31 pm

She's already got her "kick-back-and-veg-out-on-the-summit" technique perfected! :D
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to "Go for it!"
phydeux

Postby magikwalt » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:53 pm

MikeJ is absolutely right. All kinds of uses. Get comfortable with handling the baby alone and you have a built in get out of almost anything card to play for the next 4 years. "No honey, how about you go to your Mom's alone, I just want to spend some quiet time with my little girl." Be sure to rack these up during the week to make sure you have hiking time on the weekends.

If you accidently spill something on the carpet just put the baby near it and you're off the hook. :?

They are also a babe magnet until they learn to talk and bust you to the Missus for saying you're an Uncle. :shock: :shock:
magikwalt

Next

Return to General Chat