squeaky pack

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

squeaky pack

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:49 am

My pack squeaks. :x LOUD! :evil: seriously, It, drives, me, crazy, each, and, every, single, step, all, day, long, squeak, squeak, squeak, SQUEAK! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! and it's getting worse every hike...Can't hear any birds or who or what is creeping up behind me... and it's right behind my shoulder too. Right next to my ears! :twisted:
I have an osprey one. So I checked it out and found that it was coming from where the material rubs on the frame next to where the shoulder straps connect. took it apart (what a pain!)
I rubbed some paraffin wax on the material right there and put it back together. seems to work, I mean it doesn't squeak just messing around with it. I'm guessing the wax will melt off soon and it'l start again.
I also looked on the internet and found that many others have the same problem. But no real solutions! Teflon plumbers tape? Some guy even put oil and that didn't work.
Does anyone know what would work and last?
I guess I could use some chap stick if it happens again on a hike...
FIGHT ON

Re: squeaky pack

Postby AlanK » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 am

FIGHT ON wrote:My pack squeaks. :x LOUD! :evil: seriously, It, drives, me, crazy, each, and, every, single, step, all, day, long, squeak, squeak, squeak, SQUEAK! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! and it's getting worse every hike...Can't hear any birds or who or what is creeping up behind me... and it's right behind my shoulder too. Right next to my ears! :twisted:
I have an osprey one. So I checked it out and found that it was coming from where the material rubs on the frame next to where the shoulder straps connect. took it apart (what a pain!)
I rubbed some paraffin wax on the material right there and put it back together. seems to work, I mean it doesn't squeak just messing around with it. I'm guessing the wax will melt off soon and it'l start again.
I also looked on the internet and found that many others have the same problem. But no real solutions! Teflon plumbers tape? Some guy even put oil and that didn't work.

I think the problem was that you put the wax on your pack. It is supposed to go in your ears. Earplugs work too.
AlanK

Re: squeaky pack

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 am

AlanK wrote:
FIGHT ON wrote:My pack squeaks. :x LOUD! :evil: seriously, It, drives, me, crazy, each, and, every, single, step, all, day, long, squeak, squeak, squeak, SQUEAK! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!! and it's getting worse every hike...Can't hear any birds or who or what is creeping up behind me... and it's right behind my shoulder too. Right next to my ears! :twisted:

I think the problem was that you put the wax on your pack. It is supposed to go in your ears. Earplugs work too.
:lol: no the earplug/wax is for the others that hike with me. :wink:
FIGHT ON

Postby » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:47 am

and we all need virtual earplugs :lol:

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Zé wrote:and we all need virtual earplugs :lol:
Hiking on Sunday now huh?
:roll: well, you didn't even make it triplets rocks, so what ever dude. I mean who can't not make it to triplets rocks? anybody can't make it to triplets rocks dude... like it's some BIG DEAL that you didn't make it triplets rocks! :roll: Even I couldn't make it to triplets rocks so, what
everrrrrrrrrrr! I didn't do anything on Sunday and didn't make it to triplets rocks! In fact I think it's safe to say that every person in the world didn't make it to triplets rock on Sunday so join the crowd! Glad to have you aboard!

Here, Want some ear plugs? there ya go, pass em around! Sorry all I have is cardinal and gold ones! :lol:
FIGHT ON

Postby FIGHT ON » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 pm

:D :wink: NOImageImage SQUEEKS!ImageImage
FIGHT ON

Postby bluerail » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:33 pm

don't tell me.... you sat on the sofa all weekend ?
bluerail

Postby FIGHT ON » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:21 pm

bluerail wrote:don't tell me.... you sat on the sofa all weekend ?
ya, and I dreamt a dog named Jack was biting my shoes on a hike.
FIGHT ON

Postby nobohobo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm

my pack squeaked when i was out there, i poured water on the squeaky part and it went away.
another trick i found for sliding pack straps was to rub a little pine sap on the strap where it meets the buckle, works like a charm!!
nobohobo

Location: planet earth - photo was taken in dali city, yunnan province china 1987

Postby FIGHT ON » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:15 pm

nobohobo wrote:my pack squeaked when i was out there, i poured water on the squeaky part and it went away.
another trick i found for sliding pack straps was to rub a little pine sap on the strap where it meets the buckle, works like a charm!!

sap huh? sounds sticky... My pack doesn't squeak where the strap meets the buckle but if it does I will try that. It was squeaking right where the upper aluminum frame supports the nylon fabric of the pack. I can't stand even thinking about it. squeak every step. :roll: It was so nice on Saturday not hearing that. just silence.
FIGHT ON

Next

Return to General Chat