A bit of a storm coming Sat

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby Perry » Mon May 04, 2009 2:35 pm

I spoke with Kevin yesterday and decided to un-ban him. Something to keep in mind: if one person tells Kevin to lie about the wind, that one person does not represent the entire tramway, and they may be doing something that another person told them to do. I doubt the GM or Winter Park board wants false data to be reported.

I think some people forget that the tramway is not a business but a non-profit public entity that should do something more meaningful than just attracting tourists to Palm Springs and making money for the city.

A side note but related: the location of the thermometer at the mountain station is a bit suspicious and might explain reported temps. I don't know about the anemometer, but I do know that the placement makes a big difference. I think the tram should follow NOAA standards:
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sew/coop/instruments.php
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Mon May 04, 2009 11:47 pm

For the record, I'm still waiting for Kevin to meet me in person and show me that those emails are real...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby Perry » Sun May 10, 2009 4:54 pm

And nobody at the tramway has responded to my phone call or email. They re-hired Kevin to do weather for their web site, but he won't be posting about tram weather here as part of the new agreement.

Hopefully by next winter, the thermometer and anemometer will meet NOAA standards and the web site will report what the instruments record...
Perry
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat