Weather forecast prevents 1000 from being stranded

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Postby HikingJoe » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

A username is a username. Profile states the name
HikingJoe

Postby AlanK » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm

HikingJoe wrote:A username is a username. Profile states the name

A random reader is not going to check the profile or recall this discussion, assuming he saw it at all. But suit yourself. I am not going to question your right to brag about yourself under an alias. Or to do anything else you might want to do to undermine your credibility.
AlanK

Postby halhiker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:32 pm

FO, it's not me.

It's nice to know the Tram has on site weather now. It's nice to have online But I do know they have closed the Tram in the past due to wind warning from the NWS.
halhiker

Postby phydeux » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:27 am

Hikin Joe's/Kevin martin's/Mr. Minkow's self-promotion tactics have already been noted, and he's been called on it:

http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=1403

On other outdoor BBs, the person doing the self-promotion would be the one getting deleted, not those complaining about the promotions. Find a website that has ads and sign up to promote yourself on that site, and stop complaining that folks don't like your guerilla & viral marketing tactics.
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to "Go for it!"
phydeux

Postby FIGHT ON » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:48 am

HikingJoe wrote:A username is a username. Profile states the name

Oh so that's Kevin Martin?
Zip I didn't know who you were talkin about...

zippetydude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, opposing points of view can make for interesting conversation. And adding a little humor (bluerail's post, or your post on USC) certainly doesn't hurt along the way. Besides, FIGHT ON can handle razzing, and he brings it back in a good-spirited way. Contrary to Kevin Marten's statement in a different thread, I don't believe this is a hater board.

So, any thoughts on the questions posed? (I was trying to pull the hi-jacked topic back towards Ellen's original topic of caffeine.)

z

I don't get it. Is this the thread you were talkin bout or on another board?
FIGHT ON

Postby FIGHT ON » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:50 am

halhiker wrote:FO, it's not me.

It's nice to know the Tram has on site weather now. It's nice to have online But I do know they have closed the Tram in the past due to wind warning from the NWS.

I said I was joking.
FIGHT ON

Postby FIGHT ON » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

phydeux wrote:Hikin Joe's/Kevin martin's/Mr. Minkow's self-promotion tactics have already been noted, and he's been called on it:

http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=1403

On other outdoor BBs, the person doing the self-promotion would be the one getting deleted, not those complaining about the promotions. Find a website that has ads and sign up to promote yourself on that site, and stop complaining that folks don't like your guerilla & viral marketing tactics.

Oh, I missed all this stuff.
FIGHT ON

Previous

Return to General Chat