Greatest news story EVER!

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Greatest news story EVER!

Postby halhiker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:58 pm

OK maybe not ever but the greatest news story about ME.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20090409/NEWS01/904080364/1141/yourtown06
halhiker

Postby FIGHT ON » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Hal! it is the greatest story ever! But did you have to dye your hair blond? :shock:
FIGHT ON

Dyed?

Postby halhiker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 pm

That's sun bleached, baby. No dye needed. My hair used to do that every summer in OC growing up.

Although, I really think it's just old age creeping up. Redheads don't go gray. They turn white and blond is just one stop on the way.
halhiker

Greatest news story ever

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Keep it up Hal. Thats very impressive. If I saw six helicopters overhead at Snow Creek I would have been shocked out of my wits and turned around until they passed :)
I too hike every day (at 5.00 am for two hours) on Little Mountain in San Bernadino. 1500 ft of elevation gain on a daily basis is my limit. I could use some veriety, but Palm Springs is a long drive for me.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Re: Greatest news story ever

Postby halhiker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote:Keep it up Hal. Thats very impressive. If I saw six helicopters overhead at Snow Creek I would have been shocked out of my wits and turned around until they passed :)
I too hike every day (at 5.00 am for two hours) on Little Mountain in San Bernadino. 1500 ft of elevation gain on a daily basis is my limit. I could use some veriety, but Palm Springs is a long drive for me.

The choppers were terrifying. For a minute, I thought FIGHT ON sent them. :wink:
halhiker

Re: Greatest news story ever

Postby FIGHT ON » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:24 am

halhiker wrote:
Cy Kaicener wrote:Keep it up Hal. Thats very impressive. If I saw six helicopters overhead at Snow Creek I would have been shocked out of my wits and turned around until they passed :)

The choppers were terrifying. For a minute, I thought FIGHT ON sent them. :wink:

Keystone Copters, :roll: You're lucky Hal, remember when you took that five second break, took your hat off to wipe the sweat off your brow, they thought you was Ellen and called the whole thing off! :roll:

Next time!
FIGHT ON

Postby bluerail » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:03 am

very nice Hal. You made it through the rain and I'm sure you'll make it through the summer. just don't take another bad tumble and get sidelined. blood is OK.....breaks are bad.

Way to go.
bluerail

Postby Ellen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Howdy Hal :-)

I love reading your blog and particularly enjoyed the Snow Creek trip report. I want to do that section of the PCT before it's too hot. The helicopter picture reminded me of the scene in "Apocalypse Now." All that was missing was Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyrie" music.

Keep up the great work :-)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

The last hike

Postby FIGHT ON » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:06 pm

Was wondering what you had planned for your final hike?
I was thinking it ought to be a memorable one.
Either an easy one with your family or a monster one alone or with some old friends.
You thought that far ahead yet?
FIGHT ON

Postby Zach » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:44 am

Cy- You gotta be kidding me!!! I live just off of Little Mountain! Which side do you go up?
Zach

Next

Return to General Chat