what is a really good waterproof day hiking pack?

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

what is a really good waterproof day hiking pack?

Postby stobbart » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:37 pm

The one im using is not any brand name it was a left over backpack that I had from my wrestling days, that to my great suprise, when I was hiking Zion Subway this past summer found out it was totally waterproof.
(All my gear was completly dry after the first swimming part, while other people got their belongings completly soaked in their expensive hiking packs) But for the sake of doing more and more extreme day hikes instead of the week long sierra trips I have done in the past I am looking into getting a real day hiking pack. I have been looking at some of the Osprey packs but do not think they are waterproof. I dont want to have to put a cover on my pack to protect it from water.

I plan to use it in snow conditions because I am starting to become more and more into snow hiking but still will use it a lot duing the summer months. So hopefully it will have some sort of ice ax holder on it. Does anyon have any really good waterproof packs that they know of? Price is not a concern. Thanks for the information.
stobbart

Postby Fletch29 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:46 pm

I'd check out some Arc'teryx packs. I've seen several that are "waterproof". A little on the pricey side though.
Fletch29

Return to General Chat