Hike Every Day

Non-outdoors topics. News, sports, hobbies, politics, humor.

Hike Every Day

Postby halhiker » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 pm

I have come up with the idea that next year I am going to go on a hike EVERY day. I know a lot of them won't be long or exciting--I have a wife, kids and a job--but I figure I need a motivating factor to get me out more.

I took my sons out to Ladder Canyon today with four of their buddies and we had a great time. What a perfect day! I even got to scare the crap out of some of the guys, which was great fun.

Anyway, I've started a blog about it in case anyone wants to follow my musings or offer any suggestions.

http://hikeeveryday.blogspot.com

Hal
halhiker

Postby FIGHT ON » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:59 am

:D Great idea Hal! You will lose all those lbs no problem! Good Luck! :D
FIGHT ON

Hike Every Day

Postby lilbitmo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:27 pm

Hal, I cannot think of a better way to be close to your maker and having fun all at the same time.

I have no doubt you will do it if you want to.

Enjoy
lilbitmo

Postby Rumpled » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 am

Hey hal,
I've been watching your blog on your adventures.
Keep it up.

I'm a somewhat frequent visitor to PS; I go 3-4 times a year.
I gotta say, most of the places you go to I've never heard of.

Is there any way you could post links to TH's or descriptions?
Or, offer up a good source for the region?

If you carried a GPS and posted up topo maps and profiles, that would be awesome - but maybe that's asking too much.
Rumpled

Postby bluerail » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:57 pm

I also enjoy Hals blog. Its interesting to see where he's gone each day, I keep wondering where day 274 is going to find him. A year goes by pretty fast, but in terms of a hike and a story each day....I have a feeling we'll get to see further into Hals psyche than we will 365 seperate trail reports....Just as long as he doesn't get stuck in a loop on the B&G, we'll all be fine. :lol:
bluerail

Postby halhiker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Rumpled wrote:Hey hal,
I've been watching your blog on your adventures.
Keep it up.

I'm a somewhat frequent visitor to PS; I go 3-4 times a year.
I gotta say, most of the places you go to I've never heard of.

Is there any way you could post links to TH's or descriptions?
Or, offer up a good source for the region?

If you carried a GPS and posted up topo maps and profiles, that would be awesome - but maybe that's asking too much.

I think I might post some more info in the future, when I start repeating hikes. The first time around it's been tough enough to just post pictures. When I thought about hiking every day, I didn't put enough thought into the part about writing every day. Trying to make it halfway interesting has been much tougher than the hiking part. The hikes are always fun, even the easy, little, short ones.

I have some bigger plans for longer hikes and I hope to do more for that. I am even thinking about doing some video and posting it on YouTube if I go to someplace really great or out of the way. Right now I'm just finding my voice.

I am glad someone is reading it besides my wife and family. They don't care much about hiking but they like keeping tabs on me.

If you ever want info on a particular hike, just send me an email on the blog and I'll get back to you.
halhiker

Postby FIGHT ON » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:58 pm

Good stuff Hal, keep it up!
FIGHT ON

Postby NewbieZach » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Hal,
Your blog is great. I am newbie to hiking, and reading your blog really makes me want to get out there more often. Keep up the good work.
NewbieZach

Postby halhiker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:35 pm

NewbieZach wrote:Hal,
Your blog is great. I am newbie to hiking, and reading your blog really makes me want to get out there more often. Keep up the good work.

Thank you! It's been a lot of fun. I don't get tired of the hiking although the writing sometimes gets tiresome. I'm thinking I might start doing some video from time to time. We'll see.
halhiker

Return to General Chat