Anybody plan on doing the Tram Road Challenge in October?

General Palm Springs area.

Postby RJSUSC » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:40 am

I was considering doing the same thing zippety....I have to think about that one!
Ryan S
RJSUSC

Tram Road Challenge

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:10 am

There are so many people at the tram road challenge that it is impossible to find anybody in the crowd.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby zippetydude » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:56 pm

We could make it easy if we all agree to a specific way to find one another.

We could meet at a certain place at a certain time, (for example, the right side of the road right at the starting line 15 minutes before the race starts).

Or, we could wear a certain identifiable piece of clothing - I have a Tigger baseball cap and an embarrassing neon pink Loma Linda Lopers t-shirt).

Any ol' trick will do, as long as we know in advance how to find each other.

The race is still over a month away, but it sounds like a few folks here might be at the race. That'd be fun.

z
zippetydude

Postby Scrambleman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:16 pm

Does anyone know if the bike ride up the tram road is a mass group start, or individual/small group starts 15-30 seconds apart? It would be great to do, but not as a mass start for that short of a ride.
Scrambleman

Tram challenge

Postby guest » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:20 pm

Hi,
Did the brick last year, very tough. The bikes are launcehed every 30 seconds I think it was, maybe 2 at a time.
I do recommend training on the road with you bike if possible, as there's nothing quite like it around, Relentless.
My stratagy is to start slow and taper-off, seriosly, don't go out hard, many a runner,or biker will come back to you if you pace.
It's cool at the top, 2,600 ft finish, bring dry clothes.
The last 400 yrds are the worst, a bit like Skyline!

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains