Anybody plan on doing the Tram Road Challenge in October?

General Palm Springs area.

Anybody plan on doing the Tram Road Challenge in October?

Postby zippetydude » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:25 pm

Since most of the people here are probably fairly close by, I was wondering if anyone was planning on doing the Tram Road Challenge. I've never done it before (I don't do much running on roads) but it could be fun if a bunch of people were doing it and we had the chance to meet in person. Just a thought.

z
zippetydude

Tramway road challenge

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:11 am

What date in October is it?
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby RJSUSC » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:41 am

The Tram Road Challenge date is Oct 14-15, with the run/walk occuring on the 15th (Sunday). I've never run this event as well, but it just sounds way too hardcore, so I may want to give it a try!!!

More info about the race can be found at http://kleinclarksports.com/tramroadchallenge.html
Ryan S
RJSUSC

Postby zippetydude » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:38 am

Thanks for posting the link, I should have done that in the initial post.

By the way, there's always the "Brick" where you bike on Saturday and run on Sunday!

z
zippetydude

Postby marmot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:53 pm

hm....i would like to run it...but that reminded me of something...
i've always wondered if you are allowed to walk up (actually under the tram) to long valley from the tram station.
marmot

Postby RJSUSC » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:55 pm

You may be able to, you would be looking at some nice class 3-4 climbing for that last 1,000-2,000 right before you reach the upper station!
Ryan S
RJSUSC

Climbing under the tram

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:42 am

Its more like class 4 or 5 for most of the route. I heard the the rock is not good for pietons. I dont know of anyone who has been crazy enough to try it.
Also, it is out of bounds. The North Face of San Jacinto (Snow Creek) is enough of a challenge. I will stick to Skyline thanks.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby RJSUSC » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:55 pm

So I'm signed up for the race....I'm now considering taking the tram up right after the race and then heading up to the peak.....hmmmm.
Ryan S
RJSUSC

Postby zippetydude » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 pm

Good Job! I'm thinking about doing it backwards - do C2C the day before (while they're running the bike race) and then come back on Sunday and do the foot race.

I'm more of an on foot, dirty rough trail kinda guy, but the biking is beginning to interest me as a new way to suffer, so I can't decide if I should do the brick or Skyline. Still, I'm thinking I'll be there one way or another. If so, hope to see you there.

z
zippetydude

Anyone planning on doing the tram road challenge in October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:18 am

Zippedydude - I will also be doing Skyline on Oct 14 and hopefully also the Tram Road challenge on Sunday if I have recovered enough. On Labor Day there is a race up Mt Baldy from Manker Flats starting at 8 am. I will be starting at 6 am to get up there at the same time as the lead runner.
Cy Kaicener

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains