Skyline Trail /c2c in September and October

General Palm Springs area.

C2C on October 14th

Postby Michael » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:27 am

Cy - I just sent out the email to my group, and cc'ed you on it. I mention the 12:30 start time on the 14th, so now I'll see how many want to come. Several have expressed an interest, and I think Glenn may come back again if his schedule permits it. Thank you.

Michael
Michael

Postby wingding » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:02 pm

I'd like to do the hike all the way to the peak in October.
wingding

c2c in September and October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 am

Hi Kathy - We would like to have you join us. We are going on the first two Saturdays in October which is the 7th and 14th I think, starting just after midnight. That is the hard part especially getting enough sleep.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:58 am

Cy: I'm stuck in a continuing education Class on October 7th and we're going to try Mount Russell in the Sierra on the 14th if the weather allows it.

If it snows in the Sierra, I'd love to join you on the 14th.

Postby wingding » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:59 am

Guest = Wingding (Kathy)

I forgot to log in.

Cy: I'm stuck in a continuing education Class on October 7th and we're going to try Mount Russell in the Sierra on the 14th if the weather allows it.

If it snows in the Sierra, I'd love to join you on the 14th.
wingding

Skyline Trail/c2c in September and October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:19 am

Kathy - Just let me know when. I am thinking of going on the 4th Saturday in October as well but at 3 am.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby RV » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:27 pm

Cy: We did this trail as a night hike in July but only went as far as the Tram. We have been planning a hike all the way up to the peak in late October. If you do this hike on the 28th we would like to join you.

Kathy: We did Whitney last Friday and Russell looked like a gnarly climb with tons of exposure. Good luck getting up that one!

RV
RV

Postby wingding » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm

RV - I think the exposure on Russell will be difficult, but I'm hoping I'll be able to do it if I take my time. I'm going to day hike the North Fork of the Lone Pine Creek on the 9th and check out the route - I might do Carillon that day and look at Russell's ridge. Hopefully, we won't get snow until after the middle of October. If the snow comes, Russell will wait until next year.
wingding

Postby wingding » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:55 pm

Cy -

I'd like to go with you on the 4th Saturday in October if that's okay.

Kathy
wingding

Skyline Trail/c2c in September and October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:09 am

Kathy and RV - I am looking forward to hiking with you on October 28th. If we start at 3 or 3.30 am we can get ahead of the Coachella Valley hiking Club which is hiking between 4.30 and 5.30 am.
Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cy Kaicener

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains