Skyline Trail /c2c in September and October

General Palm Springs area.

Skyline Trail /c2c in September and October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:49 pm

Is anyone thinking of doing the Skyline trail in September? I have tentative plans for either Sept. 9th or September 30th. (Just before or after the maintenance closure) I will definately be going on the first Saturday in October between midnight and 1 am. hopefully all the way to the peak.
Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:40 pm

A buddy of mine and I have plans to do it on September 2 to the peak, conditions permitting of course.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:51 am

I have tentative plans to go somewhere between September 9 and September 26. But what's this about a maintenance closure? For the trail, or the tram?

Skyline Trail in September

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 am

The maintenance closure is for the tram. I heard of some people going on Sept 30 th (Perfect Pace) who are hiking back down again. They must have bionic knees and steel toes. The tram will be running that day.
Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby RJSUSC » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:14 am

Hey Cy,

I just might try to escape from LA and get on the trail. I will be out for the Tram Road Challenge, but I'm guessing that I may be able to make it out there beforehand. I'll let you know!
Ryan S
RJSUSC

Postby MaRm0t!!!!!!!!!!!!! » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:39 pm

unfortunately, the badwater hike to telescope peak, i am not able to attend to at this time, im taking five classes, and very difficult ones for bioengineering major. on the other hand, i am likely to come down to SoCal and do cactus to clouds, im most likely going to do this hike the first saturday of october with a couple of buddies of mine, we hope to reach the top.

BTW, im heading up to Yosemite tomorrow, in order to do clouds rest and half dome in one single day on sunday....then heading back just in time for school to start.
MaRm0t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:06 pm

Cy - I see you are going to do C to C on the first Saturday in October. Do you have any other Saturday's that month planned, especially if you might be going all the way to the summit? I definitely want to give it another shot, and October is the month I want to go, so I was hoping to hook up with you once again. I am sure that I will have a few people that will want to attempt this also. I like your midnight to 1:00am start time. Thank you.

Michael Theobald

P.S. - I did a successful one day summit of Whitney on August 3rd to celebrate my 50th birthday, complete with a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.

Skyline Trail in September and October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Michael - Congratulations on doing Whitney.
I am planning on doing Skyline or c2c on the second and fourth Saturdays in October as well. When are you thinking of doing it?
Cy Kaicener

C to C in October

Postby Michael » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:38 am

Cy - Let's plan for the 2nd Saturday in October (14th). I will send out an email to my group at work to see how many want to join me. Again, I like the early start (midnight to 1:00am) to alow for plenty of time.

Michael
Michael

Skyline Trail in September/October

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:02 am

Michael - I will aim for 12.30 am on Saturday Oct 14. There should be close to a full moon. Get lots of sleep the afternoon before if you can.
Last edited by Cy Kaicener on Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cy Kaicener

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains