Skyline Trail /c2c in September and October

General Palm Springs area.

Postby THETRACK » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:13 pm

Good pm to you Brian...yeah...4th time for the entire route and about the 7th or 8th time to the Tram..we try and do this twice a year....May and Oct/Nov.......
Glad you had a good time.......now what ?!?!?!??!
Lyle
THETRACK

Postby wingding » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:43 pm

It looks like November 5th will be the next full moon - I would think that would be a nice weekend to do C2C.

I might go up this coming Saturday as far as the tram station.
wingding

Skyline this Saturday and next

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:24 pm

I will be going the next two Saturdays around 3.30 am. There was someone else that said they were going at 5 am. the next two Saturdays. (All from the museum)
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby wingding » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:30 pm

The weather looks good for the Sierra, so I think I'm going to head north this weekend and give Mount Silliman in Sequioa NP a try instead going up the Skyline Trail.
wingding

Postby rings » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:59 pm

I just posted a new thread asking for people for this saturday. Four of us are going at around 4am from the Museum.

This is my first time and i'm unsure about finding the trail head at the museum. Since its not a marked trail, i'm not sure how/where to start... I dint quite find picture/directions to the starting point.

Can anybody comment on how to find the exact starting point?

Thanks,
Ajay
rings

Skyline/c2c on Oct 21

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:42 am

Hi Ajay - We are leaving the museum at 3.30 am or just after and you are welcome to join us this Saturday. The trail starts at the back of the museum parking lot. There is a cut out in the wall and a sign showing the start of the trail.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Skyline Trail - Oct 21

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Seven of us left the museum at 3.40 am this morning. After the picnic tables we had a cool wind blowing the whole time. Three of us reached Long Valley at 11.30 am and took the tram down. I brought my car up to the lower tram station after 45 minutes and waited until two o clock for the other four. I did not see them and hope they had a good trip.
We saw almost 30 people on the trail, and at Long Valley. One of them said he saw the slower four well above Flat Rock.
Cy Kaicener

Postby rings » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Cy,

Three of my friends and myself made it safe and sound to the top of the tram station at 12.30pm. I wasn't aware that you guys were waiting, had no means of informing you. Sorry about that! :(

It was a very nice trip and it was pretty tough and challenging and hence the slow pace. Thanks a lot for your help.

I hope to do this again, hopefully under the full moon.

Regards,
Ajay
rings

Skyline Trail - Oct 21

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:33 am

Ajay - Congratulations to all of you. We got a ride back to the cars with Teresa's husband and then I returned to the lower station in case you were there waiting for a ride back. I must have arrived after you left. I will be going again next week and also the next full moon which should be the second Saturday in November. - Cy
Cy Kaicener

Postby completelyzenith » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:46 pm

Lost a Leki trekking pole tip on the skyline trail on Sunday the 22nnd maybe between 6 - 7000 feet. If anyone found it I would like to send postage for return to San Diego. Thanks so much. Mike mikeandmeme@cox.net
completelyzenith

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains