Skyline Trail /c2c in September and October

General Palm Springs area.

Postby wingding » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:19 am

I'm still planning on heading up on Saturday. I have a feeling I'll just go as far as the Long Valley and then take the tram down, but maybe I'll feel up to going all the way to San Jacinto.
wingding

Skyline on October 28

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:42 am

So far there are five of us leaving the museum at 3.30 am Glad to have you along. Three want to go just to the tram and two to the peak.
The Coachella Valley hiking club is leaving at 5.00 or 5.30am if anyone oversleeps :)
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby wingding » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:04 pm

I might not get there by 3:30, but I'll start up by 4:30 this coming Saturday.
wingding

Re: Skyline Trail - Oct 21

Postby rings » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote: I will be going again next week and also the next full moon which should be the second Saturday in November. - Cy

Cy,

I just realized that the full moon is the 1st sunday on November. So the a hike on the first Saturday of Nov would be good.

Will you be going the 1st saturday or the 2nd saturday of November?

Anybody else planning to go on 11/4?

Cheers,
Ajay
rings

Skyline Trail in October and November

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:37 am

Ajay - I will be going this Saturday and November 4th as well, both at 3.30 am
Wingding - You will probably catch up to me as I dont intend to go fast. There is the possibility that I could join you on Martinez in December but I dont know yet. Did you hear about the fire in the San Jacintos near Cabazon. What a bummer. They think it was arson and has cost the lives of four firefighters. The Santa Ana winds are not helping any.
http://thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby wingding » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:55 am

I wonder if the skyline trail area is smoky? It sounds like the fire hasn't hit the San Bernardino National Forest yet, but it sounds like it will be pretty windy today.
wingding

Skyline Air Quality

Postby flat foot » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:35 am

Hi Wingding

I'm in Palm Springs with a clear view of the Skyline route, it's clear this morning. The smoke and ash from the fire in the Banning pass area are blowing the other direction. From here there is no evidence of the fire at all.
flat foot

Postby rings » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:23 am

Is the fire near the San Jacinto Peak? Do you guys think its going to spread till there and also over the area around C2C trail? :?:
rings

Postby wingding » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:46 am

Thanks Flat Foot for the conditions update.

Is anyone still planning on going up the Skyline Trail tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous of those winds - they can shift pretty fast.
wingding

Skyline on October 28

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:28 am

As of now I am still going. The worst that can happen is that I have to walk up the Tramway road and catch the tram up.. I remember when the flames were not far from the Palm Springs Road and it was okay on the trail. I have not heard anything about a forest closure in the San Jacintos. We might be able to see something and hopefully not smell anything from the Picnic Tables.
Cy Kaicener

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains