First Timer trekking Skyline Trail

General Palm Springs area.

First Timer trekking Skyline Trail

Postby Nano » Sun May 11, 2008 11:55 am

Hey all. I know there are plenty of knowledgeable hikers here and I am hoping to score some info regarding the trail. I plan on trekking to the summit on 5/18 or 5/24. I just have a few inquiries. One: When I get to Long Valley from the museum do I need to grab a permit to summit? and how would i go about doing that. Two: What are the ways to get back to my car, if I don't want to come back down the trail. Three: what's the typical time to the summit. Thats it. Thanks, in advance, for your input.
Nano
Nano
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am
Location: Venice, CA

Postby drndr » Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Yes , get a permit at the ranger station in Long Valley. 2. Hitch hike or get a twenty dollar taxi ride. 3. And I guess everyone is in different hiking shape, hard to tell. I'm seven hours to long valley plus five to the summit and back to the tram for a total of 12 hours. and I'm hardly what I would consider myself a fast hiker. And I would never go back down Skyline.
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
drndr
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Riverside

Postby Nano » Sun May 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks for your help!
Nano
Nano
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am
Location: Venice, CA


Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests