Two female hikers lost on San Jacinto

General Palm Springs area.

Two female hikers lost on San Jacinto

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun May 11, 2008 5:30 am

. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Postby juguetico » Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 am

I think I may have talked to them earlier in the day. They were headed up the Mountain. They were between the stream crossing and Round Valley. I told them that the trail conditions were poor between Round valley and the rock field above Wellman Devide. I also told them that they should not attempt the summit with running shoes. I don't think that detered them.
User avatar
juguetico
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:49 am
Location: Venice & Palm Springs, CA

Postby juguetico » Sun May 11, 2008 6:02 am

BTW Cy, it was great meeting you yesterday. I am Charly, the guy who gave you a ride back to your car. You are a most intesteing fellow!
User avatar
juguetico
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:49 am
Location: Venice & Palm Springs, CA

Two female hikers lost on San Jacinto

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun May 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Here is an update from the Desert Sun
http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 1/80511002
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
User avatar
Cy Kaicener
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am
Location: Rialto, California, USA

Re: Two female hikers lost on San Jacinto

Postby Marknhj » Sun May 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote:Here is an update from the Desert Sun
http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... 1/80511002


I just came down. Ran into three SAR groups while I was up there. The last told me the women had called earlier today but had no idea where they were, then a volunteer on the Tram said they'd ended up over by Marion Mt.

Ran into Rick. Heard him yelling their names ten minutes before actually meeting him...!
Marknhj
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 pm
Location: Palm Springs

Postby Rick M » Sun May 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Mark, sorry about making so much noise on the trail :D Also met KathyW and ???
The two ladies were airlifted off the mountain this afternoon in good condition (perhaps a bit tired).
See http://www.rmru.org for the write up.
Rick M
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Postby Hikin_Jim » Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 am

Rick M wrote:Hi Mark, sorry about making so much noise on the trail :D Also met KathyW and ???
The two ladies were airlifted off the mountain this afternoon in good condition (perhaps a bit tired).
See http://www.rmru.org for the write up.

Hey, any rescue with live subjects evacuated is good rescue. Very cool, and good job.

HJ
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby KathyW » Tue May 13, 2008 9:27 am

Rick:

It would have been great to meet you, but I headed up George Creek to Trojan Peak in the Eastern Sierra this past weekend - talk about a sufferfest. But, the view from the summit of Trojan was very nice.

I'm glad to hear that the two women were found and are okay.

When my friend Harry was on Mount Barnard and I was on Trojan Peak on Sunday we were in radio contact and he heard someone's call about a person who was injured and needed assistance in that area and then we saw some helicopter activity yesterday morning but I haven't seen any reports of accidents in the Williamson to Whitney area of the Sierra.

Kathy
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Postby Rick M » Tue May 13, 2008 11:27 am

The real KathyW said
Rick: It would have been great to meet you...

Sorry Kathy, :oops: After I met Mark I encountered two more hikers and the lady said her name was Kathy Walker. I just assumed :oops:
Rick M
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Postby KathyW » Wed May 14, 2008 6:22 am

oh no, two Kathy W's :)
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests