Skyline in June

General Palm Springs area.

Skyline in June

Postby marmot » Sat May 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking about doing cactus to clouds in june. Probably when i get out, so june 15th. Anybody else going up there around this time?

How are the conditions of the trail?

thanks
marmot
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:59 pm
Location: LA

Postby zippetydude » Sat May 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Marmot. So, getting out June 15th!? Yeah, I heard the Department of Corrections had to go with an early release due to these state budget problems... :D

JK, of course. Congrats on finishing another year.

I've been doing shorter stuff of late (I tried the sprint triathlon in Loma Linda and will be doing the Run through Redlands) so I haven't done Skyline this year. I'll probably do it a couple of times between now and the end of June, so I hope to see you out there.

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby FIGHT ON » Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 pm

hey Marmot. lots of comments on that on the post just under yours.
'recent c2c trail conditions"
User avatar
FIGHT ON
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:23 pm
Location: Trousdale Parkway

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Whoa! Am I being heckled? :shock:

For your information, I was making reference to Marmot's general topic of Skyline in June and his question about anybody doing the trail then!! Boooyaah!

But seriously, I'm hoping to have a chance to meet more of the people who post here when I'm out there on the trail. You going to be out there soon FIGHT ON? Anyone else going soon?

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby Tim Le » Mon May 05, 2008 5:49 pm

zippetydude wrote:Whoa! Am I being heckled? :shock:

For your information, I was making reference to Marmot's general topic of Skyline in June and his question about anybody doing the trail then!! Boooyaah!


I don't think FIGHT ON was referring to your post in this thread. Sounds like he meant, see the comments about recent C2C conditions in the thread just under this thread called 'recent c2c trail conditions.'
Tim Le
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:53 am

Postby zippetydude » Mon May 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks Tim. I missed that. Just thought there was some good-natured harrassment going on.

In any case, this seems like ideal weather for Skyline, and what with Tinaballina whupping our butts doing back-to-backs, I guess it's time for me to drag my lazy self back up the mountain.

Cy: Are you going every weekend right now?

z
User avatar
zippetydude
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 am

Postby Hikin_Jim » Mon May 05, 2008 10:45 pm

Here we were talking about consecutive Skylines, and Tina just goes off and does it.

OK, Zip, Tina has two; it's up to you to up it to three. :D

Um, that beer in my hand while you do this? Um, "moral support." (ya ain't gonna see me trying no three consecutive Skylines!) :D
Backpacking stove reviews and information:  Adventures In Stoving
Personal hiking blog: Hikin' Jim's Blog
User avatar
Hikin_Jim
 
Posts: 4958
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Postby Tim Le » Mon May 05, 2008 11:02 pm

LOL, the irony is that I also misread your sarcasm, Zip. Darn internet.

Anyhow, have a good time on Skyline. Looks like it's open season now.
Tim Le
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:53 am

Re: Skyline in June

Postby KathyW » Tue May 06, 2008 6:49 am

Question:

marmot wrote:Hi all,

I'm thinking about doing cactus to clouds in june. Probably when i get out, so june 15th. Anybody else going up there around this time?

How are the conditions of the trail?

thanks


Answer:

HOT!
KathyW
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:17 pm

Re: Skyline in June

Postby AlanK » Tue May 06, 2008 8:18 am

KathyW wrote:Answer:

HOT!

Skyline in June? I believe that Kathy has captured the most important points.

Oh, and it'll probably be hot! :)
User avatar
AlanK
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Glendale, CA

Next

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests