Last call for PCT snow info, Saddle Junction and FullerRidge

General Palm Springs area.

Last call for PCT snow info, Saddle Junction and FullerRidge

Postby markv » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:31 am

Hello, wise local hikers. I head off from Warner Springs soon, and i'm just trolling about for any last advice about snow conditions on the PCT from Apache through Saddle Junction and on across Fuller Ridge. Must i really carry my axe and crampons? So heavy, considering the big mileage, but i will if it's still major ice up there. thanks for any info!!!
markv
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:02 am
Location: all over

Postby asabat » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:17 am

Mark, I just posted a little new info on the PCT Water Reports. Some say it's not that bad, others that it is bad, I guess it depends on your experience and comfort level. Also, there's a fire near Apache Peak now, they hope to have it out soon, but be alert.

I keep a log of water conditions on the Pacific Crest Trail at
http://pct.4jeffrey.net . Updates are always appreciated.

AsABat
asabat
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 pm

Postby some guy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:01 am

FYI, it sounds like they're closing access to some of the trails due to the Apache fire. At least South Ridge and Devil's Slide in Idy are closing. And I'd assume those PCT trails are going to be active with firefighters.
some guy
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:45 pm
Location: Idyllwild, CA


Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests