just completed my first c2c trek

General Palm Springs area.

just completed my first c2c trek

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:12 am

Well, everyone was right when they said this was no joke. I have never sweat so much in my life. My buddy and I hiked up the trail starting at about 4:30 AM from the museum. It took us a solid 9 hours to complete it (probably due to the fact that we only got 3 hours of sleep before starting, and hadn't really trained recently for such a hike). I tell ya what though, I ran a marathon on June 4 in about 4:30, and this was much harder than running a marathon. It was on my life list though, so I'm glad we did it. If you're considering this trail, get a good amount of sleep, and start before 4 if you don't want to sweat your brains out. Also, 2 gallons of water/gatorade is an absolute must with the temperatures of 112. Thanks for all the info

c2c trek

Postby RV » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:43 am

Congratulations!! That is one TOUGH hike, especially this time of year. You should be proud 8) We did well over 20 miles and 4 different peaks on the San Bernardino ridge on Saturday and that hike was a walk in the park copmpared to C2C last weekend.
RV

Postby zippetydude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:00 pm

Nice job! It is one huge undertaking, isn't it?

I'd encourage you to think about trying it out again in October. That's when I first did it, and it's wonderful in cool weather.

Also, you'll probably find that your time will get closer to your marathon time - in cool weather my C2C is just a few minutes longer than my marathon time. In the summer, my results are a bit more like your experience.

By the way - 112!?! Yeow. That's toasty. Glad you survived it - hope you enjoyed it. Again, if you try it in the fall you'll probably enjoy it more.

In any case, congrats on making it through!

z
zippetydude

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains