man falls 75 feet from tram deck

General Palm Springs area.

man falls 75 feet from tram deck

Postby futbol » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:31 pm

I haven't seen this posted here. The New York Post reported that a man slipped and fell from the San Jacinto Tram deck 75 feet and survived.

This link is from a San Diego radio station, KGB.

https://101kgb.iheart.com/featured/san-diego/content/2022-02-16-california-man-survives-75-foot-fall-from-mountain-tram/?keyid=KGB&pname=local_social
futbol

Re: man falls 75 feet from tram deck

Postby zippetydude » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:42 pm

I ran across this in the news...strange that he fell 75' and was essentially uninjured. Must have only fallen a short distance and then slid down a bit more. Crazy story, thanks for the link.

z
zippetydude

Re: man falls 75 feet from tram deck

Postby guest » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:16 pm

Wow, I'd say he's one lucky guy, but also, I'm going to assume he fell onto one of the steep, dirt slopes, (probably with ice & snow), and not any concrete or other solid objects.
And hopefully didn't hit a tree or rock, (too hard), in the process.
I remember many years back when I lady wandered / slide down the east side, (below restaurant area, I believe), and had to be rescued, (once she decided to stop sliding further down), but this was in summer, w/ no snow or ice. Sadly, a few years back, 2 deer jumped off the upper roof (NW facing, I believe), and died, when they felt trapped, (partly, by well-meaning folks attempting to help them off).
I guess the rescue folks got some more training for things like the "closed trail", helping this guy back up. ss

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains