TR: PCT Fuller Ridge to Whitewater, May 2021

General Palm Springs area.

Re: TR: PCT Fuller Ridge to Whitewater, May 2021

Postby Plante » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Nice report, thanks. The wife and I plan a trip in the reverse this fall, from the fountain up to Fuller Ridge, camp there, then from there to San Jacinto peak and down to the tram station. Does this seem do-able in two day-long hikes? We're too intimidated by Skyline and this seems more humane. :)
Plante

Postby Ed » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:58 pm

Plante,

I have never hiked the Snow Creek trail, or the Fuller Ridge trail that I can remember. Are you planning to have someone meet you at Fuller Ridge with water and overnight gear? Otherwise I am not sure this is easier than hiking the Skyline trail to the tram station with a day pack and four quarts of water. Perhaps not even easier anyway. Naismith's Rule applied to distance and elevation gain for Snow Creek to Fuller Ridge vs Palm Springs to Tram Station gives about the same estimated time for both. There are people on this discussion board who have done both and can compare them on the basis of experience.
Ed

Postby Plante » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:54 pm

We were just planning on starting at the fountain with everything, and taking the tram down on day 2. Now you have me rethinking that. :lol:
Plante

Postby Ellen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:42 pm

Howdy Plante :)

I have completed Snow Creek PCT > Fuller ridge > San Jacinto > tram as a day hike in the fall. For me, it's at least a 14 hour hike. I hope to get back in that kind of shape again :lol: It would be a fantastic two day backpack if someone could meet you at the Fuller Ridge TH with water and food, as Florian noted. I think Fuller ridge is the prettiest trail in the San Jacinto wilderness.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains