Hello out there!!!

General Palm Springs area.

Hello out there!!!

Postby Ellen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Howdy All :)

Pre-Covid, I'd hoped for a spring potluck to see and connect with old and new forum friends. Perhaps this fall or next winter we may be able to get together in person with masks, social distancing.etc. Hope springs eternal...

Miracle Marilyn, Sister Sally and I are still doing day hikes. Sally is working, so Marilyn and I get out more. The three of us have enjoyed hiking in the Baldy/Cucamonga, San Jacinto/Santa Rosa monument and San Gorgonio wilderness. Marilyn and I have been to the Sierra on a Hilton Lakes backpack.

Not long ago the three of us hiked Fuller ridge to San Jacinto. On the descent, we discussed how we have missed seeing people on this board. Lo and behold, we met JFR and HH8 (Jeff and Vicky) who were ascending. Asked them if their ears were burning :lol: Yesterday, we hiked up and back to San Jacinto via Marion and met GoPlayer. A year ago, I met GoPlayer on the Ontario ridge trail in the Cucamonga wilderness. We also met Jon King and his miracle dog Anabel on our ascent near Bed Springs crossing. Jon's dog miraculously survived a neurotoxic Pacific Diamond Back rattlesnake bite -- see Ed"s post.

Just wanted all of you to know this board is still my home.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Re: Hello out there!!!

Postby Sally » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:04 am

I really miss our Board get-togethers too. Fortunately, we do occasionally run into some of y'all when we are out on the trail. If not for this forum I would not know many of the folks that I consider to be my best friends, or be hiking my awesome weekly hikes. I hope that we can meet again soon! Take care, everyone!
Sally

Postby David W » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am

I know I'm terrible about being on and off, and am more Santa Rosa than San Jacinto, but would really enjoy meeting some of y'all in person one of these days.

Actually thinking about trying Marion soon.
David W

Postby Perry » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 pm

A get-together outside with masks and no food-sharing does sound a lot better than Zoom. I'll admit that Facebook and Strava are more fun and social than this forum, and it's nice to see photos that hikers conveniently post with a few taps, but there is a quality of discussion here that is hard to find on the Internet. Also, the discussions can last years and everyone has a voice, rather than fleeting or hidden by algorithm.
Counting the days until October...
Perry
Site Admin

Postby David W » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:15 am

Very good idea...outside (where we want to be anyway) with masks .000000001% risk.
David W

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains