Spring Forum Potluck?

General Palm Springs area.

Re: Spring Forum Potluck?

Postby Wildhorse » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:16 pm

I just read that coronavirus has shut down the tram, at least for the rest of March.

We have now have six cases in Coachella Valley. I wish we knew how that happened and what it means for the rest of us.

At least hiking remains safe.
Wildhorse

Postby Florian » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:51 am

Maybe we can have a Zoom get-together. I use it to visit with my son and my wife uses for yoga classes. It works well and is fairly easy to install.
Florian

Postby zippetydude » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:19 am

Some of the stats, like those mentioned by Wildhorse, are hopefully pointing in a positive direction. Once things are in the clear again, now more than ever I would enjoy seeing real human faces and hearing real human voices and laughter in person. The zoom thingy is a good idea Florian, and a follow up meeting in person will be most welcome as well!

z
zippetydude

Postby Wildhorse » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Re: “now more than ever I would enjoy seeing real human faces and hearing real human voices and laughter in person.”

Yes. It’s beautiful. Soon, more and more will need to come up for air.

Walking, a week or so ago, I witnessed a gathering of grandparents with their children and grand children. So much joy.

Talking with a doctor friend who has been trying to help people dying of Covid in isolation, I mentioned what I witnessed and commented on the irony that love can kill, just like hate. He said, “yes, but at least with love we die happy.”
Wildhorse

Postby RichardK » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:22 am

I would rather not die at all.
RichardK

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains