PSAT Agenda

General Palm Springs area.

PSAT Agenda

Postby Ed » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am

The Palm Springs Aerial Tram (formally the Mt. San Jacinto Winter Park Authority) posted its agenda for its August 21 meeting on its website. The link is on the green bar on the home page.

I don't know how long it has been doing this, whether or not it will continue, or whether it will include minutes of past meetings. It does seem like a welcome addition, though I did not see minutes of the previous meeting, and it mentions a closed session. Consequently, it does strike me as a minimal disclosure under pressure. though perhaps more information is available elsewhere, it you know where to look.
Ed

Re: PSAT Agenda

Postby guest » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:20 am

Interesting Ed, I thought The Winter Park Auth. ran The Tram? Made up of board members from different sectors of the community, including the state park, but maybe they did away with that name. I've never read any of these, but would be interesting, (like the time they we're going to construct a rope-toe up the bunner slope behind the Adv Ctr. for kids & families to use. And the Ice Rink, wonder if that's still rattling around somewhat, and the "venicular"?, (mini tram-trolley), to take handicapped, (hopefully only Real handicapped folks), up & down the concrete walkway.
They're back making money again, after spending a boatload of upgrades & maint.
ss

Postby phydeux » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:06 pm

I've been out if the hiking world for a while, so haven't posted anything on this BB in quite some time. The Winter Park Authority's agendas and minutes look pretty similar to most other public agency's documents I've seen. The 'closed session' section is pretty normal. Its limited to things like discussions of litigation, personnel matters, labor negotiations, etc., so the only thing the agenda has to say is what topic(s) will be discussed (no details required); info eventually gets released for most topics when they are completed. Overall nothing unusual.

I tried to include the link for others to see, but its down right now (I'm getting an error message).
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to "Go for it!"
phydeux

Postby Ed » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:33 am

Yes. But posting the agenda for the last meeting, rather than the minutes for the last meeting and the agenda of the next meeting, does not signal a raging desire for communicating with the public.
Ed

Postby phydeux » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:25 am

Ed wrote:Yes. But posting the agenda for the last meeting, rather than the minutes for the last meeting and the agenda of the next meeting, does not signal a raging desire for communicating with the public.

I don't remember that when looking at the website earlier this week, I thought the agenda for the upcoming meeting and the previous meeting's minutes were both there. Here's the link to the website, maybe they were updating it with the latest info when I looked at it yesterday afternoon and it was down:

https://pstramway.com/about-us/msjwpa/

FWIW: Public agencies only have to publish their agendas 72 hours in advance of a meeting.
3 of the 5 voices in my head are telling me to "Go for it!"
phydeux

Postby Ed » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:00 am

Thanks, phydeux. I had only clicked on the link on the home page bar, and had not seen the archive of minutes.
Ed

Postby guest » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:28 pm

Welcome back to the board phydeux, (even if your far away!). You have to be one of the first members around here!
ss

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains