Strawberry Loop

General Palm Springs area.

Strawberry Loop

Postby Ellen » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Howdy All :)

Hiked the Strawberry loop with friends yesterday. The wildflowers are starting to pop but did not see any lemon lilies. Wellman's and Strawberry cienegas are flowing well, as are the crossings at Deer, Bed and Lily springs.

Only downside -- biting insects :x Apparently I didn't use enough DEET. I'm alternating scratching and typing :lol:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Re: Strawberry Loop

Postby Ed » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:03 am

If there is a good reason for their creation, I don't know of it. I usually mange to suck a few down my throat as well.
Ed

Re: Strawberry Loop

Postby Ellen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:21 pm

Howdy All :)

Miracle Marilyn and I took the first tram up yesterday and hiked the Strawberry loop. This time, we scrambled up the rocks to San Jacinto to have lunch. Got back to the tram at 5 PM and immediately got in line to go down when we saw the mass of humanity. Took an hour to get down. As usual, the tram staff were wonderful. My next trip up the tram will be on a Friday or Sunday. For now, the tram is the best way for me to get into the high country.

All of the spring crossings still have terrific flow. The wildflowers are gorgeous. The water at Bed springs crossing tastes fabulous. Lily spring is living up to it's name 8) The biting insects are out -- I put DEET on before hiking but should have carried some. The new sign at the peak is still there :lol: The food at the Original Las Casuelas is still fabulous.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains