C2C, Skyline and Toxic Masculinity

General Palm Springs area.

Re: C2C, Skyline and Toxic Masculinity

Postby zippetydude » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:31 pm

That "kitten" had the worst "roar" that I have ever heard! It was so funny to hear that and then see the mama cougar (is that redundant?) come along. That last mountain lion was particularly disturbing... 8)

Just in case you're interested, I live in Yucaipa and I visit Wildwood Canyon State Park several times a week on training runs/rides. Almost every day I see bear tracks in the same locations. If it's not too far of a drive for you, it would be all too easy to plant the camera where you would catch video of a bear. I assume that it's motion activated for obvious reasons...we could plant a recently cooked piece of salmon in front of the camera and you'd get some shots. At least, when I go out front and catch them digging into my trash, it's usually fish related.

z
zippetydude

Postby tekewin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:12 pm

That "kitten" had the worst "roar" that I have ever heard!

Not a kitten! That was a female calling the male. They hung out together for about a week before the female moved on. The male appears before and after they are on camera together so I figured this was his territory and she was the visitor. I may take you up on the bear cam placement once I retrieve the camera in the Gabes. Plan to pick it up at the end of the month. Will contact you via PM.

Agreed, the last animal is hideous, would never want to meet in the dark!
tekewin

Postby Ellen » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Howdy Z-dude and Tekewin :)

Love the comments regarding the last big cat on Tekewin's video :lol: :lol: :lol:

While at Chicken Springs Lake (Cirque backpack), a retired USFS biologist told me about hearing a "meow" as she was resting on a rock near Carumba. I know that cougars are the largest wild cats that purr. Apparently they can also meow :shock:

Here kitty, kitty, kitty... :wink:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Ellen

Postby Sose » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 pm

The pumas also have a whistle that sounds almost human used to call young or sound a warning.
Sose

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains