Tram hours for the July 4 holiday period?

General Palm Springs area.

Tram hours for the July 4 holiday period?

Postby phydeux » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:20 am

Anyone aware if the PS tram will be open earlier than its usually 10AM on the weekdays of the upcoming July 4 holiday period. I sent an email to the tram's message baord, but no response. I was going up Friday (June 30) and wondering if it would be open at 8AM instead of 10AM (typically it does on/around holidays). Sure nice to get up there a few hour earlier when its cooler.

Thanks
phydeux

Postby phydeux » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:30 pm

FYI:

If its helpful to anyone, I got a reply email from the PS Tram folks saying they'll be opening at the regular 10AM time this Friday (June 30), and 8AM the rest of the holiday weekend. Guess I'll be able to watch Argentian defeat Germany in the World Cup quarterfinals! :lol:
phydeux

Postby zippetydude » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Thanks for checking, I was wondering too.

While you're rooting for Argentina, take a moment and boo the refs for me. They've been a strange crew this year, giving out record numbers of red cards and working hard to break the old yellow card record as well.

Hopefully they won't influence the outcome of any further games. Have some watching, and hopefully you'll hear, "Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

z
zippetydude

Postby Perry » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:59 pm

Phydeaux, are you sure they told you 8:00 for Monday too? I had to wait until 10:00 to ride up this morning.
Perry
Site Admin

Postby phydeux » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:16 pm

C2C:

Looks like I screwed up and wasn't too clear. They opened 10AM of Friday (what I was most concerned about) AND 10AM on July 3 too. Hope it didn't screw up your plans. Here's what I got:

Thank you for your e-mail. We will be open and operating on our normal hours on June 30, first Tram up 10am.

Sincerely,
Lena Zimmerschied
Public Affairs Manager
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
A Not For Profit Authority
1 Tramway Road
Palm Springs, CA 92262

I spent the weekend up at Little Round Valley (Fri) and Tamarak Valley (Sat). Had a pre-dawn start on Saturday morning to catch the sunrise from the peak, then did June & Marion Peaks later in the day.
phydeux

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains