C2C recovery

General Palm Springs area.

c2c Recovery

Postby ferris » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:05 am

It's funny that sleep comes up, because actually, at about 2 miles past Round Valley, I decided that if I was going to make it to the peak, I needed a nap. I set my alarm for 12:30 PM, and it was the best 30 minutes of sleep I've ever had.

I got up and hiked another hour or so to the top, and only then did I finally breathe a sigh of relief.

The night prior, I slept from 7:30 PM until midnight.

So I understand what you mean RV.

And thanks again everyone, for the input that helped me get up there my first try.
ferris

Re: C2C Recovery

Postby Snowhiker » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:53 pm

ferris wrote:I have to disagree with SH, as I've only experienced 28 revolutions around the sun, and (as much as I love going downhill) I think those downhills beat us all up more than we may imagine. Or maybe my legs are just older than my years reflect?

Oh I know my 4 mp/h downhill hikes messed up my joints more than I know. It's just that when you are in your 20s the recovery is quicker and the pain is FAR less when you are in your 20s than late 30s. :(

MOST people wishes they had their 20s back. I would have gone downhill slower and enjoyed things more. Back then it was, "Lets bag the peak" now it's, "Lets just get outside and enjoy things."
Snowhiker

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:15 pm

I don't know ... I think downhills are a blast, and I'm 52. I often run/jog a large portion of the downhills I do, both in Ohio and California, as long as there aren't a lot of ankle-killing obstacles in the path.

CaT

Postby zippetydude » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:47 pm

I'm with CaT - except for really rocky stretches, it's fun to blast back down at high speed. Occasionally I'll try to break 2:00 from the peak to the South Fork trailhead (over on San G). I don't always make it - especially if I stop to play in the streams, but it's a fun, kind of irrelevant target to set to keep the trip interesting.

z
zippetydude

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains