Water at Deer Springs/Little Round Valley

General Palm Springs area.

Postby JonH » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:21 am

I will be hiking to the summit on June 24 via Fuller Ridge. I am wondering if there is any water at Deer Springs or Little Round Valley.

Any info is very much appreciated.
Thanks!
JonH

Water along Fuller Ridge/Deer Springs Trail

Postby BobM » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:52 pm

I hiked to Folly Peak and San Jacinto Peak on June 4, 2006 from the Fuller Ridge Trailhead.

Both streams that cross the Fuller Ridge Trail were gushing with water. The two streams along the Deer Springs Trail, shortly before the switchbacks up to Little Round Valley, were running. The stream in Little Round Valley was running.

In 8 years of hiking the Deer Springs Trail, I have never seen the two streams before the switchbacks without water and there is usually at least a trickle in Little Round Valley itself. As late as last September, there was good water flow in Little Round Valley.
BobM

Postby Pilgrim » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:32 pm

I backpacked past there over Memorial weekend. Both places had an abundance of water. In fact both still had ice and/or snow. They both should still have plenty of water for your trip.
"So we are probably about where this pebble is, 2 inches off the edge of the map."
Pilgrim

water

Postby rds » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:57 pm

We just went up to the peak today June 5 from the marion mountain trail. As the other posts state, there are several stream crossings each with an abundance of water.
rds

Postby ferris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:50 pm

I took Deer Springs up through Round Valley to the peak last weekend, 6/03, and can confirm the previous posts. Little Round Valley, in particular, has tons of water flowing. Plenty to filter, if that's the plan.
ferris

Postby JonH » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:50 am

Thanks for all the good info! it is much appreciated
JonH

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains