C2C This Weekend - April 14th

General Palm Springs area.

Postby magikwalt » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:43 pm

I think 4:00am is perfect. Take a look the posting about Orange Dots. I just posted a detailed and entirely too longwinded reply. Relax. Its a wonderful hike that your group is going to love. Go easy on the early pace and you will be fine. I may attempt to hit the summit on Saturday so perhaps we will see each other on the trail. If so I'll be starting from Ramon as well.
magikwalt

April 14th hike

Postby GTG » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:34 am

A group of us from over at www.ArizonaHikers.com are going up early Saturday AM also. We plan on starting around 4:00 - 4:30 AM so we may see y'all up there.

In any case good luck on your hike.

GTG
Was lost but now am found.
GTG

Postby zippetydude » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:33 pm

GTG: Welcome. I checked out your site - looks like a fun group, so I bet you'll have a blast. I may be out there myself, if so, I'll say hi along the way.

Walt: (aka Wounded Moose) How goes the heart rate training?

z
zippetydude

Postby kellie » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:38 pm

Excellent! Sounds like there will be lots of friendly, fellow hikers on the Mountain with us! Looking forward to putting names with faces along the trail this weekend; definitely say hi along your way up!

Any suggestions on how to get from the bottom of the tram back to our car at Ramon? We only have one car - so shuttling is not a good option.
kellie

Postby zippetydude » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:40 pm

If there are a few of you, you can split a taxi (about $25 total) back to the museum. Just ask the tram operator at the upper tram to call and the taxi will be at the lower station when you get down.

You can also hitch a ride from other hikers/tram riders if you're willing to ask someone. That doesn't work well for me, cause I usually go down around 10:00 and no one else is heading down yet. I typically leave a bike at the top of the Tram road (the lower tram station) at 5:15-5:30 (whenever they open the gates to the road) and then ride the bike back to the museum. It's only about 5-6 miles and it's almost all downhill. You could send one person to get the car if you wanted to do it that way. For a group, I'd probably just go with the taxi option.

z
zippetydude

cactus to clouds

Postby marmot » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:09 pm

see you there! id like to go up the skyline for the third time, yes, ive only been up the skyline 3 times. One thing i know for sure is that im far from matching most of the ppl on this forum.
marmot

Postby LeslieL » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Last Saturday we were told there would be a 1 1/2 hour wait for a taxi. Fortunately we met other hikers and were able to get a ride back to the Museum with them.

Last weekend seemed to be very busy in P.S. - spring break and a convention of sorts - maybe there will be less wait time this week.

Leslie
LeslieL

Postby KathyW » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 pm

It took about 10 minutes for a cab to pick me up at the tram station last Saturday afternoon. The lady at the counter in the lower tram station called the cab for me.
KathyW

Postby zippetydude » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:09 pm

Leslie, you must have called at a busy time. Kathy's posting sounds more like my experience, and, like I mentioned, if you ask them to call from the upper station, I've always found the cab to be waiting when I get there at the lower station. An hour and a half would be crazy - I went ahead and ran back one time, and it still took less than that, even after doing Skyline! Hope you have better luck if you need a cab next time.

z
zippetydude

Re: c2c this weekend - April 14

Postby Davis2001r6 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:51 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote:I cant make it on April 14 but I am sure someone else on this board will go.
Here is another group that is going
http://arizonahikers.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=75563

Thanks for the plug CY. I'm with that group coming from AZ, should be 4 of us now. As GTG said we are hoping for a 4-4:30 start time on Friday. Hope to see a few headlamps on the trail at that time.

-TIM-
Davis2001r6

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains