My thanks to the lone Skyline hiker on March 27th

General Palm Springs area.

My thanks to the lone Skyline hiker on March 27th

Postby Vermont Hiker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:59 am

I just wanted to thank the lone hiker who hiked the Sky Line Trail on March 27th. By following your tracks in the trail and the snow we were able to complete our hike of the skyline trail. Thank you!
I visit my brother and his partner every year and have wanted to hike the sky line trail for several years. With the lack of snow cover this past winter I thought this was going to be my year. My 27 year old daughter and I had prepared for this hike for months back in Vermont. We had only two days that were not scheduled with other duties, Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday's weather forecast of high winds, mountain snow and thunderstorms crossed Tuesday off our list. Thus our plan changed to just hiking to the snow line on Wednesday, but that idea changed when we discovered the snow line had retreated up the mountain considerably and the hiker ahead of us had gone up and not come back down. We actually ended up having a short hike through the snow to reach the tram, but it was a great relief having someone mark the trail with his footprints. PS. the looks we received at the tram were priceless, everyone bundled up in winter hats, coats, gloves and myself in shorts and a tee shirt. Just a cool summer day back in Vermont!
Vermont Hiker

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains