Mt. San Jacinto: Not a Large Stairmaster Covered With Plants

General Palm Springs area.

Postby cynthia23 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:39 am

Hi Ellen, thanks for checking in on this. I have not been past it for two weeks, but last I saw, there was a small tent, pegs, a sleeping bag, and several empty plastic water gallon jugs. I think since it will probably be hard to coordinate getting everyone up there at the same time, it might be best if everyone just tried to take a little when they can. If everybody takes one item it will be quickly be gone. I think we more or less have a consensus that it's good to get rid of it, one way or the other ...

re: the "orange circles"--I noticed them two weeks ago. They are not graffiti per se; some idiot decided to "mark the trail". They are garish and intrusive. I can't tell if it's permanent spray paint or the slowly degradable kind of marker. Anyone else know? If it's the first, does anybody know if we could spray over them with grey or greenish paint? How is graffit removed? Obviously it would be worse to go up there with paint thinner, but maybe there is some ecologically safe way to remove them. They are hideous. If anyone knows who did this, speak up, because that is the person who should have to remove this eyesore ...hopefully it's the non-permanent kind, but in this dry weather, it might as well be permanent ...
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby cynthia23 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:42 am

I forgot to add, there are literally hundreds of them. Painstakingly scraping all of them off with a knife would take a looonnnnggg time. Still, again, if everyone who reads this tries to get rid of just one, they might be soon be gone ....
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

San Jacinto not a large stairmaster

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Paint thinner only works on wet oil base paint. What might be better is spray paint remover if there was a way of keeping it cool.. You have to be careful not to get it on your skin. Since this could be dangerous, a paint scraper might be the best thing.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Previous

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains