Peak Conditions?

General Palm Springs area.

Peak Conditions?

Postby inquiring mind » Mon May 08, 2006 10:06 pm

What is the trail like to the peak?
inquiring mind

What is the trail like to the peak

Postby Cy Kaicener » Tue May 09, 2006 4:05 am

I found the trail clear of snow up to the upper tram station and very patchy up to Round Valley with very soft snow. They say there is about three feet of snow up at the peak. Its melting fast. This last weekend the Outdoorsclub did c2c on Saturday and again on Sunday. On Saturday there were 23 people. 11 signed up for Sunday. Scott Swaney did c2c on both days. - Almost 22000 ft of elevation gain in about 45 miles. He must be getting ready for Badwater to the top of Whitney. I started at 3 am and the group at 4 am. Half of them passed me at the half way point.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Postby THETRACK » Tue May 09, 2006 11:38 am

I am indeed very impressed with those who did the Saturday and Sunday CToCl hike...We were delayed do to the LA Traffic scene even leaving at 300am from Santa Monica, Calif....This is one of our favorite hikes and we come out about 3 to 4 times a year. Unfortunately, do to the 615am start we only went to the Tram on the 6th......I dont know about the rest of you, but that early sun BEAT ME DOWN!!...We made the Tram in 8H:21minutes.....This is for all those "newbies" attempting this hike....get an early start !!!!...I like 4am or earlier!!!

Thanks for this new site !!!...and happy trails to all in 2006 !!

The Track
THETRACK

C2C

Postby Guest » Tue May 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Going to hike C2C this Saturday the 13th. 4:00 AM start, crashing w/ freinds near musuem. Details forth coming!

Duane

Peak Conditions - Skyline

Postby Cy Kaicener » Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm

I will probably be going this Saturday as well, but at 3.00 am or 3.30
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby Anthill Bagger » Wed May 17, 2006 7:51 am

Anyone have a guess about summit snow levels the first weekend of June (June 4) ?
Anthill Bagger

Peak Conditions

Postby Cy Kaicener » Thu May 18, 2006 11:09 am

At the moment the trail is very patchy just before Round Valley with almost two feet of snow at the peak. This should be almost gone by June.
I will be going with a group of hikers on May 27th and can give you an update at that time. For anyone going in June I would recommend a 2 am start if you take more than seven hours to the mountain tram station.
Cy Kaicener

Peak Conditions

Postby SanJack » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:15 pm

We spent June 20 24 at the Peak/LRV. Miller Ridge had enough small snow patches for water. A large mass just north of Miller Saddle might last until around July 4, 2006.
SanJack
SanJack

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains