Anyone Going Up This Weekend?

General Palm Springs area.

Anyone Going Up This Weekend?

Postby magikwalt » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:19 pm

A friend and I are looking at Sunday morning since today we were blown off. Extremely high winds in PS most of the day.
magikwalt

Postby zippetydude » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:24 pm

I'll probably go up Saturday morning. I think I'll bring crampons this time, though I doubt I'll really need them. There was a lot more snow last weekend than the weekend before, and after that brief storm last night, I imagine it's beginning to accumulate. Either way, I'm with you - the winds were crazy today. It may be a bit windy still tomorrow, but I doubt it will be nuts like it was today.

I may do San Gorgonio instead, I'll be watching to see how the wind goes. If it's windy still, the gusts on San G sound like a freight train and get close to 100mph, so San J would be preferred in that case.

I'll post if I do Skyline and let you know the conditions.

z
zippetydude

Anyone going up this week end

Postby Cy Kaicener » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:00 pm

I might go on Skyline tomorrow if the winds die down a bit.
I think you will need your crampons because the nights have been colder than last week - below freezing last night and surely tonite as well.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Anyone going up this week end

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:07 pm

Tomorrow should be a great day on Skyline. The snow at Long Valley is spotty and there are only a few inches on the trail. A friend of mine made it up without crampons, but said there were a few slippery spots. Next week end should be better unless the storm predicted for Thursday and Friday materialises. There is a fifty percent chance of rain for San Bernadino.
Today I only went half way. Seven people were headed up to the tram.
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
Cy Kaicener

Postby Perry » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Last night, me and a friend camped in Joshua Tree, and the wind almost destroyed the tent! Palm Springs wasn't too windy today.
Perry
Site Admin

Anyone going up this weekend

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:40 pm

I froze my butt off walking up the tramway road at 7 am this morning. The temperature at Long Valley at 8.30 am was 3 degrees F. There is only a couple of inches of hard snow up there, but it was gorgeous.
Cy Kaicener

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains