WORST PIECE OF TRASH EVER

General Palm Springs area.

WORST PIECE OF TRASH EVER

Postby cynthia23 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:56 am

Found a half-empty can of sterno tossed by the side of the trail at around 2000 feet. This gets my vote as the all time worst piece of trash, hitting as it does all three low points: 1. non-degradable 2. toxic 3. flammable! For the love of God! Are people totally f-ing insane? Two weeks ago I found three giant (64 oz) empty water bottles just left by the side of the trail at 5500 feet!!! Who spends four gut-busting hours hiking a mountain, and then trashes it? Are these even human beings? Or some kind of alien imposters? Whoever they are, if and when I find them, I'm going to beat the living daylights out of them, this I promise. It's getting worse and worse. I've had it. It's time for some frontier justice!!! Sterno-camp dumper, be afraid!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Postby Perry » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:06 am

Ahhh...the Cynthia we all know and love. At first when I saw the title I didn't know if you were referring to the litter or the *person* who littered. Anyhow, it's a mystery to me. I've seen city people litter, but I haven't actually seen it happen firsthand in the mountains, except for the tourists, but there's evidence that even some hardcore hikers are doing it.
Perry
Site Admin

Love and Props to Perry

Postby cynthia23 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:39 pm

Oh, SiteAdmin, I love you too. Happy New Year and thanks for your wonderful mesage board and C2C site and all the work you do for absolutely no pay. May Perry's New Year be happy and fruitful and prosperous. Can I get an amen on that, brothers and sisters!!!
Q: How many therapists does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: Only one, but the light bulb has to want to change ...
cynthia23

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains