Snow and ice no problem on Skyline this morning

General Palm Springs area.

Snow and ice no problem on Skyline this morning

Postby zippetydude » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:51 pm

After RJUSC's posting yesterday (Thanks, Ryan. Merry Christmas - hope you have fun on your break!) I did Skyline this morning. The snow is spotty all the way up to the tram - it's thin enough where there's no real chance of sliding anywhere - there's a rock or branch or barespot every couple of feet. That's not to say it couldn't get icy and make it hard to get good traction, but it is so broken up that I didn't see anywhere that you could slip and go flying down the mountain. So, until the next snow storm, it's cold, and there is some snow, but it's very doable.

Cy - if you're reading this, I saw your car was gone, so either you made it back down before me or your car has been stolen!

Happy Holiday and Merry Christmas to all.

z
zippetydude

Snow and Ice no problem on Skyline this morning

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:16 pm

Good going Stan. I only hiked as far as the 3500 ft level. I wasnt hiking fast enough to keep warm. I dont have to worry about anyone stealing my old car especially in Palm Springs. San Bernadino might be a different story. :)
I might go again on Tuesday.
Merry Christmas and happy New year everyone.!
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains