C2C Summit today

General Palm Springs area.

C2C Summit today

Postby dhstein313 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Started at the museum at just after 7:00 AM today. Made it the ridge in just under 5 1/2 hrs and then after resting for 30 minutes continued on to the summit. Made it in a respectable 8 hr 45 minutes. This was the first time summitting from PS and outside of my leg cramps enjoyed the whole day.

One of the highlights was meeting some of the C2C Icons--- Cy - I was the one in the blue shirt who asked you, "how old you were" and then said, "when I am 69 I hope to be doing what you are." I am sure you get asked a lot and you are an inspiration to all of us.
Another highlight was hiking in the dark ..... I hiked in the dark from Round Valley all the way to the tram without using my headlamp. Pretty exillerating and love the shadows at night!

It was quite windy and cold all the way from the Ridge to Summit. Small remnants of snow on occassion but nothing to be concerned about---- hopefully we will get some snow tommorrow!

Been on my list for a while and NOW it is done--- I doubt whether I am addicted like some here - but I think a spring and a fall trip will be in my plans for next year.

Duane
dhstein313

c2c Summit day - Dec 9

Postby Cy Kaicener » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:07 am

Hi Duane - Yes, I remember it well. It was great meeting you, and thanks for the flattering comment. You made good time up to the peak. Congratulations are in order. It is raining here in Rialto (near San Bernadino) as i type, so I think we managed to get in the last snow free trail of the year. This was my eighth consecutive Saturday in a row on Skyline, so I think its time for something different next week unless snow conditions are not too bad. Eleven people passed me between the 4000 ft level and Long Valley, and I heard that there were quite a few still coming up.
The weather doesnt get any better than this, but I hear that the low at Long Valley will be 19 degrees tonight and 17 degrees the next day..
. Please visit my website at www.hiking4health.com for more information especially the Links.
http://cys-hiking-adventures.blogspot.com
Cy Kaicener

Return to Mt. San Jacinto & Santa Rosa Mountains